Greatest love songs ever

No Other Love by Jo Stafford

watch

"Greatest..." revisited

Wow. This thread keeps bringing good stuff.

Ha, put your eyeballs back in their sockets.
Grace Slick: voice.
Dianna Krall: voice.
Tracy Chapman: voice.
All very, very rich voices.
Terri Nunn: tits. And a great visual performance.
Credit to Berlin, they do not smother the voices with instrument noise. (Good clip from Top Gun. I love motorcycles and F-18s. And all the other F's.)

(Sorry, YouTube broke the connection to the best Judy Collins version of her song.)

As I said earlier to post a gloomy song, I am now carrying out my threat.

The holidays are over, and many of us are heading back to work tomorrow. Time for some somber music about love, or rather bemoaning the lack of it. I also know there are a few fans of Diana Krall here. Youtube has the old rendition by Julie London but I like this better.

YouTube - Diana Krall - Cry Me A River

As I said earlier to post a gloomy song, I am now carrying out my threat.

The holidays are over, and many of us are heading back to work tomorrow. Time for some somber music about love, or rather bemoaning the lack of it. I also know there are a few fans of Diana Krall here. Youtube has the old rendition by Julie London but I like this better
Nothing Diana Krall every does is gloomy to me. I fall in love with her every time I listen to her music. With DW's blessings, of course ;).

Nothing Compares To You by Sinead O´Connor
If You Leave Me Now by Chicago
Something by The Beatles

Agree with bbbamI as to the song choice...whew...puts me in the mood, anyway: One Hundred Ways by James Ingram. But, then again, I'm and R&B/Soul fan totally for years.:D

Why does Diane Krall never seem to run a comb thru her hair I wonder?:nonono: She sure does a killer interpretation of any song tho. Wow.

Toni Braxton is fantastic, too, for love songs...particularly if you're in the break-up period. I have some empirical knowledge of that one.:LOL:

OK, just one more ;-) Wonderful Tonight. Written by Eric Clapton for Pattie Boyd. She was married to George Harrison when she met and fell in love with Eric. They married then later divorced.

YouTube - Wyclef Jean with Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight

She was a pretty lady. The stories she must have.

Attachments

• Pattie.jpg
    Pattie.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom