Guessing I need to hook the cord back up...

old medic

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The news this morning going on and on about the Emmy Awards..
Both the wife and I have a puzzled look on our faces...
Whos That:confused:
Never heard of that show:confused:
And who dresses these people:confused:

Don’t bother.

I watched Keenan make a fool out of himself for a bit. Then the 1st presenter walked out in a bathrobe. I was waiting for her to untie it and TaDa open it to a 1 million dollar diamond studded dress,but no she just called the name of a bunch of shows I never heard of,and the winner was Michael "Bad Batman". Ohh well then here comes another really unknown "star" to announce the next unknown winner. I turned it and found Steve Harvey on the game show network leading Family feuds!

I haven't watched any award show in years, perhaps just a bit of the oscars, but mostly thru clips.

I couldn't tell you any of the actors except those on some of the streaming channels. (HBO, Netflix)

The outfits are always fun for me though.

Still, I'm happy to read this morning that Jennifer Coolidge had a supporting role win. She's always one of those character actors who makes her mark, and has done for decades. The kind where you go "where have I seen her before? She was in that thing wasn't she?"

depositphotos_9746757-stock-illustration-yawn-emoticon.jpg

Still, I'm happy to read this morning that Jennifer Coolidge had a supporting role win. She's always one of those character actors who makes her mark, and has done for decades. The kind where you go "where have I seen her before? She was in that thing wasn't she?"

I Love Her.... LOL you need to see the video of them trying to play her off the stage...

We are all old.

Better Call Saul has an older audience and got snubbed.

Yea, I don't watch those award shows anymore. I have no idea who those (kids) are!

If Michael Keaton won for Dopesick it was well deserved.
He is great in that show.
And the show is great as well.

Off to Google Jennifer Coolidge. I have no idea who she is.

I can pretty much guarantee that you didn't miss anything.

Another good reason to avoid the news. I couldn’t care less about “entertainment news”.

I haven't watched any award show in years, perhaps just a bit of the Oscars, but mostly thru clips.

Same here. The last time I watched the Oscars in their entirety, and not just clips from the internet, was when Billy Crystal was hosting. He was the perfect Oscars host, IMO.

Although many of us here may be a little out of touch with such things due to our changing perspectives as we grow older, I understand that awards shows in general are getting much lower ratings than they used to.

Last edited:
It's gone like this:
Classy->Braggy->Edgy->Funny->Crummy

In the beginning, the stars were just there with class. Then they came trying to out-do the others. By the 70s, they were edgy, maybe even boycotting or having a stand in to preach a little. The high point for most of us was when that reeled back, and we had the Billy Crystals get the perfect mix of funny and serious. Enter today. A lot of preaching with distasteful jokes that ultimately result in live assaults on stage. Great job, Hollywood!

Last edited:
The TV series never caught on with me, but I did watch a number of the limited series on some streaming services like Dopesick, The Dropout, and Pam and Tommy, all of which I enjoyed. So I did recognize the actors. There was a faux pas with a woman’s long gown being stuck to her backside so that everything was exposed from her thong underwear all the way down. Then she stood up to give the winner a standing ovation, and the gown still stayed stuck. Don’t know how that got past the TV censors!

Back in the 1960's, when I first started dating, I would look at the newspaper ads for available movies; if a movie had won a lot of awards, I'd mention it to my date in case he wanted to see it.

But now? I haven't seen a newspaper for years, much less checked the movie ads in one. And if I did, I'd be a bit cynical about the awards as a measure of movie quality. That is, if we were going to see a movie IRL, which we haven't done since Ironman came out about 14 years ago. As for the Emmys, I never paid attention to them even back in the 1960's.

From my current point of view, Academy Awards and other awards for movies or TV are nearly remnants of the Dark Ages.

We haven't watched awards shows in years. I'm a music lover (as per my name) and have even stopped watching the Grammys. They used to have a good variety of musical acts, now it seems like it's all hip hop and R&B with no soul. And don't get me started on the lip syncing and pre-taped background music.

I watch one television series. Blue Bloods. I know some of the actor/actresses real names in that show. Other than that I watch cable networks like National Geographic and History Channel. Did Chumlee from Pawn Stars get nominated for an award? How about someone from Swamp People, Life Below Zero or Moonshiners? Do they have a special category for those type shows? They would make a more interesting show!

hollywood elite giving each other awards. emmys, oscars, grammys....we stopped participating a lonnnnnnng time ago.

The only show I watch is Ancient Aliens.
Wait a minute….my son is telling me that’s the evening news. [emoji38]

Any of the award shows are a waste of time for me. I never watch any of them. Who cares who won? Not me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom