Has anyone stayed at the Biltmore?

Winemaker

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DW and I always make a pilgrimage to Central FL to visit my SIL and BIL. WE usually rent acar and fly back on points, so cheap. But not this year. On our trips in the fall going south we usually make 1-2 side trips, and in spring we do the opposite, fly down and rent car coming back.

One of the trips we would like to stay at the Biltmore in Ashville NC. The gad danged website is so convoluted , I can't make heads or tail of what to do. WE would like to stay 2 nights, on premises, take in the sights, then head on to FL. Any recommendations? We hope to leave in November and can do it either on way down or on way back. We are driving both ways this year as rental cars are plentiful in FL and the incentive to get them there in non existent this year.

We visited there but didn't stay there. I did look into staying there. As I recall it started at $300/night and went up from there.

Loved visiting the estate... but a lot of walking.

We’ve visited Asheville and Biltmore several times, great place to visit. We've toured the house and grounds several times (Christmas is wonderful) but never stayed on the estate but we’ve looked over the hotels. The Inn on top of the hill is very nice, but for the same price I’d choose The Grove Park Inn (as Bama notes) without question - it’s incredible and unique. Just know there are Covid restrictions at all of them (some room sections, restaurants, services not currently available).

I did look at that site before starting the thread, there are just so many options that are available. Stay at hotel or at the inn, I think the hotel had 12 different options for a king suite, etc. Different views, beds, amenities, tours, meal plans, we didn't know which was best, so I asked the Forum. We have stayed at the Greenbriar and the Grand Hotel at Mackinac and they were pretty much cut and dried on the food options and rooms. I'm not looking for anyone to kiss our butts, we're just trying to visit all the "Grand Hotels" as part of a bucket list, and blow some dough.

The other big "classic" hotel in Asheville is the Omni Grove Park Inn.

We toured both the Biltmore and the Grove Park Inn when in Ashville several years ago. I would definitely look into the Grove Park Inn. Very impressive. Since I’ve been I’ve put it on my bucket list to stay there.

Yes, DW and I stayed in Biltmore Inn instead the estate, but it was a few years ago. The lobby and dining area in the Inn are elegant, but the room looks dated. If you stay in the Inn, it's easy to walk around other parts of the Estate and also dine and have lunch in the different eateries inside the Inn. And you don't have to go out and face the Ashville traffic.

I did look at that site before starting the thread, there are just so many options that are available. Stay at hotel or at the inn, I think the hotel had 12 different options for a king suite, etc. Different views, beds, amenities, tours, meal plans, we didn't know which was best, so I asked the Forum. We have stayed at the Greenbriar and the Grand Hotel at Mackinac and they were pretty much cut and dried on the food options and rooms. I'm not looking for anyone to kiss our butts, we're just trying to visit all the "Grand Hotels" as part of a bucket list, and blow some dough.
The Inn on the Biltmore Estate is certainly nice, but the Grove Park Inn is definitely more of a “grand hotel” than any of the hotels on the estate.

Last edited:
Lived nearby since 1985.... never been to the Biltmore... but most the lumber that built our old place came from trees cut to build roads for the village at Long Shoals side...

Back
Top Bottom