HELP! Any advice for Plantar Fasciitis?

Believe it or not, mine was cured by walking on a sandy beach. The softer the sand the better. Barefoot of course.

Last edited:
Lots of great suggestions in this thread. I had severe pain for 2 years. Then gradual improvement for 2 years.

Now I spend at least 20 minutes every morning and evening stretching my feet and calves. I do this in bed while listening to podcasts or reading ebooks.

Skechers super-cushioned shoes helps LOTS.

Tumeric capsules taken daily also helped with inflammation.

I suffered from heel pain over 25 years ago. It got so bad that I had to walk on tip toes most all the time. On one business trip, I went into a sporting goods chain and bought a pair of ASICS gel sole running shoes. As I walked out the store, my heels hurt, but they felt better in the shoes. It took a couple of weeks for all pain to go away and it hasn’t come back. I was able to wear dress shoes at work as long as I wore the ASICS the rest of the time.

If you decide to try ASICS, do find a pair that will fit your foot type. I initially used Shoe Dog from RoadRunnerSports, but now I can just examine the shoes to see if they fit my foot type. I usually have 3-5 pairs of new unworn shoes in my closet and I cycle in each pair every 6-9 months. They go from being a daily pair, to a work pair, to a yard work pair, than tossed. One son also suffered from plantar fasciitis, so I gave him a pair a couple of years ago. They cured his pain too. I’ve offered him a new pair, but he still wears the same pair.

Back
Top Bottom