Help on Firecalc - Getting Results That Seem Odd ?

gamboolman

Recycles dryer sheets
Ladies and Gents,

I have a question for the for the Firecalc experts.

It's a great program and we really like it - thanks for making it and we have provided a small contribution to the Firecalc team and glad to do so - again thanks for all the work it must have required to make and to maintain.

Question is this: When I run a Firecalc scenario based on me retiring in 2020 I get 100% success rate - ok good stuff.
However, if I change my retirement date to working one more year and retiring in 2021 - I get a less than 100% success rate??

This seems odd to me? The only variable that I change is the retirement date from 2020 to 2021.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated very much.

Thanks, gamboooman...

I did a couple of runs using the default numbers, delaying the retirement date by one year, and my success rate increased as expected.

Maybe what you are seeing - which isn't what you would expect - has something to do with your specific set of inputs. Have you tried playing around with your inputs (SS, AA, etc.) one at a time and testing 2020 and 2021 success rates to see if that will identify the source of the decline?

If you make the two planning spans the same length by altering the age, that should cure the unexpected result.

Thanks Sengsational - playing with the age and number of years seemed to make the result make more sense - at least to me.

Thanks, gamboolman...

Back
Top Bottom