hi from "still shackled and plotting escape"

wanderer

Confused about dryer sheets
hi everyone
Still working but plotting escape......(my brother calls it "untirement").

first forum post in my life and surprised I did it.

Stuck in corporate America...in a cubicle..slowly digging a tunnel out.... :) It's a battle in here....even office supplies are scarce due to the "down turn". I am glad to have the job though (20 yrs).

All you escapees are my role models.

What's it like out there?
Is the dream the same as the reality?
Any good money saving tips forum?
So many questions now that I broke my silence and joined a forum...........Hi everyone

What's it like out there?
Is the dream the same as the reality?

Welcome!

The dream is what you make it.

I just lazed around for a while and that got old.

Helped a friend build an airplane. That was interesting and fun, but the project got finished, on to something else. Tried something entirely out of character and was a car salesman. For a month. Oh, well, now I know why I didn't pick a career in sales.

I kinda went against the grain on the ER forum and ended up with a job for now but - and this is hugely important - I also have my KMA hat and a poor attitude about jumping through hoops for the good of the company. The people I work with are good folks, the commute is an enviable 3.4 miles, and the hours suit me.

But I also have good health, a nice home, a wife who (astonishingly after 21 years!) still thinks I'm "the best thing that's ever going to happen" to her, a Suzuki C90T motorcycle, a little fishin' boat, and zero debt.

So life is good.

Stuck in corporate America...in a cubicle..slowly digging a tunnel out....

Keep digging! Every spoonful gets you closer. Never ever doubt that you can do it. It's real and will sneak up on you quickly, if you are diligent.

Back
Top Bottom