Hot drinks for cold weather

Sorry, kids, but I gotta one-up you. 12:27 AM and -15F in East Nowhere, in upstate NY.
Perfect temperature for a nice cold bottle of Coors Lite.

I can distinctly hear the "Rodeo Song" in my mind. Google it and by all means listen closely to the words. Stomp that foot, clap those hands, and laugh.
:LOL:

Last edited:
I used to drink apple cider with mulling spices and a cinnamon stick. And a dash of rum. Now it's a herbal infusion, usually lemon ginger with a drop of honey.

Cocoa or homemade mocha are my comfort drinks. I have even had plain hot water at times--very nice when you're sick and trying to keep up with fluids. Really helps a dry cough and a sore throat.

7 degrees here, 3 in VA for DS driving back to college today. Below zero windchill. I put on long underwear, hat, gloves, a neck gaiter, in addition to my jacket to take out the garbage last night. I stayed warm and comfy.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

By day, hot chocolate with a dash of cinnamon and cayenne pepper, no sugar.

By night, another vote for imperial stouts. A little Jim Beam doesn't hurt either.

Oh, I'll have some blush wine later on but I do try to keep PUI here to a minimum.:D

Took me a second to figure out what PUI was.
Yep - definitely better not to post after too much wine. LOL.

Spanish Coffee!

3/4 oz. 151-proof rum
1/2 oz. triple sec (Huber’s uses Bols)
2 oz. Kahlúa
3 oz. fresh-brewed coffee
Glass: sugar-rimmed red wine or Irish coffee glass (make sure it's tempered)
Garnish: lightly whipped cream and sprinkling of ground nutmeg

Add the rum and the triple sec to the sugar-rimmed glass and carefully ignite. Add Kahlúa (the flame should go out at this point) and top with hot coffee. Garnish.

Oh, it will be 72 here in Scottsdale today!

Last edited:
Spanish Coffee!

3/4 oz. 151-proof rum
1/2 oz. triple sec (Huber’s uses Bols)
2 oz. Kahlúa
3 oz. fresh-brewed coffee
Glass: sugar-rimmed red wine or Irish coffee glass (make sure it's tempered)
Garnish: lightly whipped cream and sprinkling of ground nutmeg

Add the rum and the triple sec to the sugar-rimmed glass and carefully ignite. Add Kahlúa (the flame should go out at this point) and top with hot coffee. Garnish.

Oh, it will be 72 here in Scottsdale today!

Sounds yummy, plus you get to play with fire!

When I am up at my home at 7,000 ft, I like shots of Cognac to keep me warm. I had to keep a watch on the consumption of this "alternative energy" source because of the side effects. I keep the inside at 60F, and the energy from a shot does not last long.

It's 34.2°F outside right now, but to most New Orleanians this feels bitterly cold. I had to go outside for a minute to mess with the trash, and now I'm inside guzzling massive quantities of very hot decaf. Oh, so good! Warming up now. I turned the thermostat back up as well.

It's 34.2°F outside right now, but to most New Orleanians this feels bitterly cold. I had to go outside for a minute to mess with the trash, and now I'm inside guzzling massive quantities of very hot decaf. Oh, so good! Warming up now. I turned the thermostat back up as well.
I'm like you - a warm weather bird. :)

Dreadful sorry for y'all suffering this brutal cold.

Back
Top Bottom