How Many Eye Glasses Do You Use?

I still need another pair of glasses. Was really apparent recently as while using the best one I own, driving when there wasn't much light before and at the break of dawn the glare from car headlights was terrible. Then I noticed my right and left vision wasn't paired right as driving and looking at signs on the interstate I was seeing double vision. Later in the day, when things got brighter, I was able to see normally again.

I went ahead to a nearby Pearle Vision and gave my current prescription to have a pair made. I'm already having buyer's remorse and in doubt the glasses will be any good. I don't mind paying a premium if the glasses are done so I can see clearly. The glasses won't be ready until 7-14 days but I noticed shortcuts were taken in measuring. No pupillometer used to measure my PD instead just dotted the lenses with felt tip markers. Also, did even remove the anti-theft device on the frame arm while measuring.

When I asked, after the glasses are done, do the patients go to a room and try out their vision with them on? Answer, "Nope". I should have walked away then. Is that too much to ask? Or am I the crazy one?

Perhaps crazy for going to that store?:( I've always tried on glasses at my eye-glass store and even had them remade one time (they'd screwed up.) YMMV

I've had glasses remade a number of times. The most recent was a couple of months ago when I got a second pair of progressives for the family room side table. I don't wear my glasses all the time throughout the day and was always looking for them. While they make sure you can see clearly at all the levels in the store, I needed the reading portion made "taller" as I was having trouble reading and watching TV at the same time :facepalm:.

Another time, years and years ago, I went to LensCrafters and hated the glasses. I returned them, no questions asked.

I believe the ability to have them remade once for whatever reason is common in the industry, but I may be mistaken. I also believe you have 30 days.

Guess I'll see how this goes in about 7-14 days when I try the glasses.

At the risk of looking like a Mr. Know It All, telling them how to do their job, I may even bring my own pupilometer (I got that when I was trying the online route) along should the measurement seem way off and ask them to use that to make sure the numbers are as accurate as possible.

Thing is, places assume the prescription may have changed. But I don't think so. I think if the lenses are off it's because there were shortcuts in measuring or lens making.

Or I might just the refund route if that works.

Last edited:
Interesting...
I got glasses when I was 7, went to contacts at 14 & at about 45 had to go back to glasses.
I'm legally blind w/o them, so not wearing them is NOT an option.

I wear ONE pair of glasses. Transition Progressive lenses.
I don't really get having multiple pairs...unless you need them for sports, I guess.
I always keep my old pair JUST in case this pair gets damaged.

Then again, I'm sure plenty of people wonder why I have so many pairs of shoes...LOL
(But when my glasses are several hundred dollars/pair...whole different ballgame)

Back
Top Bottom