How much cash do you carry ?

Usually no cash. Use citi double cash cc for everything. If someone doesn’t accept credit, i may be able to dig a check out of my vehicle. Or I can come back, or I don’t really need whatever the thing was. Keep almost no $$$ in my checking since it only earns .1% interest. I transfer in money on the rare occasions I write a check. At least my savings account is at 2.1% APY.

I was just commenting this weekend that it has been several years since I carried cash with any sort of regularity. I generally have $0 in my wallet.

Typically around $50 in wallet but in reality I could get by with much less.

I do normally have $500-1000 in our house in cash. Use this to pay house cleaner under the table, gifts and just in case there's a disaster and ATM's aren't available.

We just got back from vacation at 3pm and YW asked for some cash I agreed to give her. So I went to the bank about 10 blocks away and took out 4k for her and 1k for me. On the way back I stopped for cheesecake and coffee and then walked home. YW proceeded to ask me if I was nervous carrying that much cash. I just rolled my eyes and thought "but you were the one who insisted I go!

We just got back from vacation at 3pm and YW asked for some cash I agreed to give her. So I went to the bank about 10 blocks away and took out 4k for her and 1k for me. On the way back I stopped for cheesecake and coffee and then walked home. YW proceeded to ask me if I was nervous carrying that much cash. I just rolled my eyes and thought "but you were the one who insisted I go!

YW? that's a LOT of cash.

try to keep $100 in ones.... depends on what bar we are going to and how nice the dancers are... used to be 50 cents for a beer and a dollar for the dance... now its $8 for the beer and a dollar for the dance... inflation... and I haven't found one dancer that takes paypal for a dance...

^ LOL!

Soon

It will not be long before cash goes away.It almost seems silly to be getting pennies,nickels and dimes back from a cashier.Cash,coins should just be eliminated and I am someone who has always used a lot of cash.

YW? that's a LOT of cash.

YW= Young Wife

4k = I give her money for food/gym/beauty supplies and "Happy Pills" a couple months at a time. I used to give her a year in advance, but it would not last.

1k = We have 3 household employees who get paid either daily/weekly/bi-monthy, so I usually take a grand per week out of the bank.

Also, I do not want to file reports with the Guvmint, so I can not let more than 9k or so accumulate in my bank account.

It will not be long before cash goes away.It almost seems silly to be getting pennies,nickels and dimes back from a cashier.Cash,coins should just be eliminated and I am someone who has always used a lot of cash.

You can send all unwanted cash to me. Our local economy thrives on it as so many businesses are just money laundering fronts.

I keep $20 in 5's in my wallet just in case. It pretty much stays there and is never touched. I went cashless a long time ago. My 2% cashback credit card is used for EVERYTHING!

been hearing about the 'cashless society' for years. ain't happened yet and i suspect it won't be happening anytime soon. i think i've been hearing about the 'paperless society' for as long. have you seen the length of cash register receipts these days?

We live in a previously cash based country which is increasingly accepting credit cards (to capture VAT sales better), so I almost never carry any cash unless I know I am planning to need it.

Between $100 and $200. Mostly for any losses incurred on the golf course and to buy a beer or two after the round (or during the round if deemed necessary).

I'm trying to imagine trying to buy something at a local festival & giving the vendor a credit card. Same for kids selling door to door for a school fundraiser. Ought to be amusing.

I agree, a few hundred. Still prefer to use Credit Cards to track spending and have records and of course the, oh so important, airline miles!

usually around $10, sometimes $20 but always in $1's and $5's. I'm not a fan of cash. My credit card keeps a good record of my spending and makes it easy to categorize when I review my spend rate 3 or 4 times a year.

My walking around money is usually less than $50. However I always have $200 stashed either in the car or a hidden pocket in my wallet. I call that my "Redneck Emergency Fund"

I'm trying to imagine trying to buy something at a local festival & giving the vendor a credit card. Same for kids selling door to door for a school fundraiser. Ought to be amusing.
I'll bet most all vendors who do anything semi-regularly have a swipe device for cards. I have one for my running club, for people who sign up for races on race day and want to use a card.

I always have $200 stashed either in the car

Can we get license plate numbers, pics of vehicles and where they're parked, etc, so that we might offset our travel expenses if/when doing a road trip? :LOL:

Between $6 and $30 usually. I rarely spend it because I card everything for those sweet sweet points. Unless it's under $2, then I usually use cash.

Back
Top Bottom