"I felt a pop. I'm ready to go now."

If I'm wrong tell me, but I know I'm right in pleading with all of you to have a screening for an aortic aneurysm. It saved my life. All you have to do is Google Life Line Screening and that web site will tell you when and where the screenings will be held. I'm not promoting Life Line as there are others out there. Just have the screening-it's the easiest thing in the world and may save your life. I may not have had the opportunity to write this tonight had I not agreed to the screening.

Again, I'm pleading with you.

Seems my mom had something like this just a couple days ago, but before I go further, she is alive and getting better.

She got up in the morning and was conversing with Dad. All of a sudden she got confused, her words wouldn't come out, couldn't read or write. Doc says it was a minor stroke, gave her some meds, said she would most likely recover well. So far she has done well and has regained a lot of her speech capacity, but she does speak slower and misses a word here and there.

Thanks for the advice to get checked.

R

The reason I started this thread is that my elderly parent has an aortic aneurysm and is ready to go. All affairs are in order. There will be no surgery. Now just live life to the fullest possible since the AA does not affect daily activity and don't worry about the future.

Seems my mom had something like this just a couple days ago, but before I go further, she is alive and getting better.

She got up in the morning and was conversing with Dad. All of a sudden she got confused, her words wouldn't come out, couldn't read or write. Doc says it was a minor stroke, gave her some meds, said she would most likely recover well. So far she has done well and has regained a lot of her speech capacity, but she does speak slower and misses a word here and there.

R

This sounds more like an aneurysm in the brain as opposed to an abdominal aortic aneurysm.

Rambler said:

R

Sounds like a TIA (transient ischemic attack). Is she on low dose aspirin?

The reason I started this thread is that my elderly parent has an aortic aneurysm and is ready to go. All affairs are in order. There will be no surgery. Now just live life to the fullest possible since the AA does not affect daily activity and don't worry about the future.

I am so sorry to read this, and wish the best for your parent, your family, and you. I hope you can be with your parent during this time.

Sounds like a TIA (transient ischemic attack). Is she on low dose aspirin?

She was on low dose aspirin a few years back. Doc took her off of it for some reason. She is back on it now, along with Plavix. It sounded like a TIA to me too. My parents are simple, and don't have a whole lot of medical knowledge, so I'm sure the doc told them it was a TIA or a "small stroke" to help them understand it.

R

An MRI revealed my brain aneurysm (they were looking for the cause of my hearing loss). I had an endovascular coiling to treat the aneurysm. The procedure was a peice of cake.

I had a college roommate who used to suffer from migraines. She died in her sleep when she was in her early 30's from a ruptured brain aneurysm. She had only been married a few months, her husband woke up in the morning and found her dead beside him.

When a brain anuersym leaks it causes the headache of a lifetime. Some people go to the ER and are treated for migraines then die later of a rupture. A leak is a precursor to a rupture.

When a brain aneursym leaks it causes the headache of a lifetime. Some people go to the ER and are treated for migraines then die later of a rupture. A leak is a precursor to a rupture.

This is what happened to a young man who worked with us - he was in his mid 20s - had horrible headaches - got diagnosed with an anuerysm...while awaiting surgery it burst and he died - so sad. He was one of the nicest men I'd known - very sad

Back
Top Bottom