I see the barn! So does my wife!

ImThinkin2019

Recycles dryer sheets
I talked with my wife this morning after reviewing our "first 10 years cash flow" spreadsheet.

We looked at the effect of me retiring at the end of this year. And we also removed the savings that we had planned to accumulate for the year after next. Even if we don't accumulate that savings the effect on our long term plan is minimal.

So now I have an end date visible. Later than my "I'm thinkin 2019" name suggests. But not far away.

I will keep working as long as I can and I enjoy it. The enjoyment is decreasing which is why I want the end date soon.

I learned that I should make this spreadsheet because of this forum. One of the planning topics that is suggested here is to model exactly where the cash is going to come from when you stop working. That's why I did it. It is a very useful thing to do so THANK YOU to everyone here for providing your experience and guidance.

...So now I have an end date visible. Later than my "I'm thinkin 2019" name suggests. But not far away.

I will keep working as long as I can and I enjoy it. The enjoyment is decreasing which is why I want the end date soon.....

It's a great feeling when you get to the point of knowing a target date range, AND that you are working by choice and not because you have to. I suspect the actual date will be sooner rather than later.

Congrats on finally getting an ending date....this time should fly by !

My DW, and I need to do this as well. We still have a small home equity loan, and a 401K loan that will be paid off this year, no debt otherwise. DW wife wants to retire in 2 years, but we still have my 20 year old son living in the house, and most likely responsible for 1/2 of the grocery bill, electric bill, and insurance bill, so it's hard to nail down a budget when it will change this year also.

Congratulations. Once the money bucket in your right hand is full, the BS bucket in your left hand starts to fill quickly. Prepare to jump in, the water is fine.

Congratulations. Once the money bucket in your right hand is full, the BS bucket in your left hand starts to fill quickly. Prepare to jump in, the water is fine.

This one made me laugh out loud at work. So my cubicle neighbors probably think I am a little wacko.

Thank you for enhancing my reputation!

This one made me laugh out loud at work. So my cubicle neighbors probably think I am a little wacko.

Thank you for enhancing my reputation!
To remove any doubts, I posted a sign in my office upon my leaving that said "DON'T DRINK THE KOOLAID". :LOL:

Congratulations! I'm also working at a job that I enjoy, so even though we can now retire early, I'm hanging out for a year or two.
Equine or bovine people. Equine here.

Back
Top Bottom