I Shall Take You to Bed...

sheldon cornped

Recycles dryer sheets
I shall take you to bed and have my way with you.

I will make you ache, shake and sweat until you moan and groan.

I will make you beg for mercy, beg for me to stop.

I will exhaust you to the point that you will be relieved when I'm finished with you.

And, when I am finished, you will be weak for days.

All my love, The Flu

(Get your mind out of the gutter and go get your flu shot.)

Thanks for the reminder...to download a trashy novel to read on our flight later this week!

The DW and I got our flu shots last week. I noticed on the paper work "afterwards" that we got different type of shots/vaccines. Mine was a higher dose (labeled HD) which was developed for old(er) folks (over 65 :)) and hers was not. They charged Medicare more for mine than they did the regular insurance company for hers.

Maybe HD really just stands for High Dollar! :LOL:

This year I also was given a “once needed in a lifetime” pneumonia vaccine; I’d never even heard of that. I certainly felt lousy for 24 hours so the two shots combined must have done something!

I'm allergic - ended up in emergency in 2015 after 20 years of no reaction. Did get the pneumonia shot, twice. Once about 15 years ago and again in 2014. I just stay home and away from the germ conduits all winter. Cross my fingers and hope a large percentage of the population gets the shot so the spread is minimized.

Might have to follow W2R's lead and have ALL the groceries delivered this winter...

Kaiser used to have their flu clinic set up in the back of the building, this year it was in the front lobby.

You can't miss it and I didn't - :)

This article promoting the flu vaccination has an interesting graphic part way down the page showing the vaccination rates in each state. My state has one of the lowest rates. The article says 80-90% need to be vaccinated to reach herd immunity and it looks like that is not even close to happening in the US.
https://www.popsci.com/you-should-get-flu-shot#page-3

I got my flu shot yesterday and have a hot pink bandage to show for it.

I'm amazed at how many people absolutely will not get a flu shot and say they have become really sick from it in the past.

I sat down and rolled up my left sleeve.

She asked if I was left handed.

I said no, I'm right handed but the shot usually makes my arm hurt for 2 days.

She said we want to put it in the arm you use the most as the more you use it the less it hurts. Rub it often she added.

So I did what she said and my arm didn't hurt at all. Cool - :)

This article promoting the flu vaccination has an interesting graphic part way down the page showing the vaccination rates in each state. My state has one of the lowest rates. The article says 80-90% need to be vaccinated to reach herd immunity and it looks like that is not even close to happening in the US.
https://www.popsci.com/you-should-get-flu-shot#page-3

I got my flu shot yesterday and have a hot pink bandage to show for it.

I'm amazed at how many people absolutely will not get a flu shot and say they have become really sick from it in the past.

Because they have. The shots in recent years have changed in some way. Several people I know got very sick this year. I ended up at the hospital in 2015. NEVER again.

I remember taking my kids to the local public health clinic years ago for their flu shots.

They were giving them in the STD ward, judging by the posters.

Some of the STDs I had never heard of before...

I got mine last week. A local grocery store had a promotion/incentive that if you got a flu shot at their pharmacy they would give you a $10 gift card. The shot was covered at 100% (thanks Obamacare) and I got my shot and used the $10 gift card for a pound of sea scallops on sale.

I was a little achy the next day but it was no big deal.

I sat down and rolled up my left sleeve.

She asked if I was left handed.

I said no, I'm right handed but the shot usually makes my arm hurt for 2 days.

She said we want to put it in the arm you use the most as the more you use it the less it hurts. Rub it often she added.

So I did what she said and my arm didn't hurt at all. Cool - :)

She was talking about your arm all the time ?? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'm always worried they won't use new needles on each person, you can see that on old documentary films of inoculations where the doc's just stick person after person with the same needle.

My State is 36%-42% covered, so lots of germ carriers out there..

lol--love the intro sheldon!

We got ours a few weeks ago. No problems. DH has been a strong advocate ever since he had the flu once years ago--was down and out for almost two weeks.
The only year I ever had a reaction was in 1978(?), the year of the "swine flu"--I think many people had adverse reactions to the vaccine that year.

lol--love the intro sheldon!

We got ours a few weeks ago. No problems. DH has been a strong advocate ever since he had the flu once years ago--was down and out for almost two weeks.
The only year I ever had a reaction was in 1978(?), the year of the "swine flu"--I think many people had adverse reactions to the vaccine that year.
We both had a reaction to the swine flu vaccine, but I thought it was '76?

My last PCP said he'd never missed a day in 40 years of practice. He swore by the shot. We've both been taking it for the last 10 years with good results.

Turned 60 in Sept. I opted for the shingles shot first. Will probably get flu shot in a couple of weeks. After listening to my Doc about shingles, symptoms that can last a lifetime, that ravage your nervous system, that you may never get over, no brainer.

I got mine last week. A local grocery store had a promotion/incentive that if you got a flu shot at their pharmacy they would give you a $10 gift card.

I was offered the same deal at Publix but was told the wait was going to be at least 45 minutes. I figured I was going for my annual checkup in the next couple of days, so I would get it then. So, guess I am not that frugal...that 45 minutes wasn't worth the $10 card. :cool:

Turned 60 in Sept. I opted for the shingles shot first. Will probably get flu shot in a couple of weeks. After listening to my Doc about shingles, symptoms that can last a lifetime, that ravage your nervous system, that you may never get over, no brainer.

My mom, now 88, had shingles in February 2015 and still suffers from nerve pain (a.k.a. postherpetic neuralgia). She hasn't been able to wear a bra since then, and the pain often disturbs her sleep. There doesn't seem to be a good treatment, aside from opiates which she'll take only rarely when she absolutely has to get a good night's sleep.

I'm definitely getting that shot soon as I turn 60. Even thinking of getting it sooner and paying for it myself.

My mom, now 88, had shingles in February 2015 and still suffers from nerve pain (a.k.a. postherpetic neuralgia). She hasn't been able to wear a bra since then, and the pain often disturbs her sleep. There doesn't seem to be a good treatment, aside from opiates which she'll take only rarely when she absolutely has to get a good night's sleep.

I'm definitely getting that shot soon as I turn 60. Even thinking of getting it sooner and paying for it myself.

My DW and SIL have both had several bouts of shingles...and they are both MUCH younger than 60. They have both tried to get the vaccine and have been told FORGET IT. It can be a very debilitating ailment.

I think once you get shingles the vaccine won't work. My DH got shingles on his face near his eye and on his nose at 57. I can't get the shingles shot because I am allergic to neomycin. For years my Mom would get the flu shot and then get sick. There are many strains of flu and their effectiveness varies. I won't get one.

Back
Top Bottom