I'm depressed but six months out and getting excited!

The one piece of advice I can offer is to make sure you have your loan secured before you leave or before you tell them you are leaving. Especially if it will be a mortgage. I moved to a part time position after a 30 year career in HR ( stayed in HR as a recruiter) and 1 month later found a new condo that I wanted to buy. Granted this was a second home so some of the rules were stricter , but I ran in to a host of problems I didn’t expect without having my regular source of income, even though I had more than enough assets. I was 58 so technically I wasn’t drawing a retirement so my savings were counted very differently ( less than 1/4) . Plus there is usually a question on any verification that your company might have to fill out that asks about probability of continued employment. Good luck! Sounds like you have some great future plans!

I gave a month and offered to work as a contractor until my replacement was up and running. The firm was glad to pay me twice my hourly rate, this dragged on for about 6 months but they wanted employees paid and clients billed…
My daughter told one of the partners I left to spend more time with a couple of my senior cats��. When in reality, I just could not take it anymore.
Do not give your current employer more than 2 weeks, they have shown their colors with the other long term employee.

Congrats to you on your upcoming freedom! When I decided to pull the plug I told my immediate manager & he just laughed, & said no way will you be able to retire. 1 month out I told hime he needed to get a trainee in if he wanted me to help train. Again he laughed. I took 2 week vacation & came back to a madhouse at work. My boss and his boss came in on my last week there. Took me aside and informed me that I needed to get this crap cleaned up now or else. I looked at my boss and ask him if he had forgotten to tell his boss I was leaving. Then look on his face was priceless! I then told his boss that next friday was going to be my last day and that I had offered to train and was laughed at so it wasn't my problem. He had not submitted any paperwork up the ladder to HR about my retirement, so every thing was messed up. After I left I ended up getting paid for 2 more weeks which I spent submitting the proper paperwork for the retirement stuff, from home. He is still an a$$ ho but I'm gone so it "ain't my problem"

Back
Top Bottom