Implications of Netflix sharing crackdown

I'll jump over the other side of the fence and say that there are too many foreign films and series. At least they should categorize or mark them so I don't have to spend so much time eliminating them from my selections. I hate it when I start watching a show and it takes too long for someone to start talking and then find out it's badly dubbed into english.
Kinda like the old spaghetti westerns.

I've enjoyed a few foreign films, generally we set it to dubbed as DW hates reading the text as she misses part of the movie while reading.

However, on the rare text one, (I know it's closed caption) , I've found it interesting the text version will on rare occasions print out some saying, but the speaker said something very different. :LOL: Still the movie makes sense as most movies don't hinge on 1 sentence !

We normally watch original language with subtitles, even English language shows, ha ha.

But occasionally we’ll try the dubbed version, and sometimes it’s excellent quality.

Netflix has done away with its $9.99 plan with no commercials. It does not have the high definition of the more expensive plan. It’s ‘only’ 720p. If you have this plan, you are grandfathered into that rate as long as you don’t change anything.

Apparently, this is another part of its plan to increase revenue. I have an old Plasma TV which runs at 720p, so I’ve been on the plan for quite a while and will now remain on it. If I ever get one of those new OLED TVs, I’ll change the plan. Or drop Netflix entirely.

Back
Top Bottom