iOS 14 Password Leaks?

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I’ve never had an issue with passwords, but since I uploaded iPadOS 14 it’s one apparent issue after another. Apparently Apple is trying to make their embedded password manager as robust as the standalone password managers - a good thing.

Several of my passwords prompted the pop-up below. I hadn’t changed some of them in years as they’re not at all critical, but I changed several of them to satisfy the pop ups. Great. Until a few days later the new, completely different passwords have also “leaked” already. I haven’t found any answers online, anyone else seen this? Needless to say I’m not going to come up with new passwords every few days for non sensitive sites...:(

Attachments

• 358D757F-8826-44BA-AB71-F8D0F9F3754C.jpeg
    358D757F-8826-44BA-AB71-F8D0F9F3754C.jpeg
    375.7 KB · Views: 25
Maybe try password234 as I think password123 was leaked some time ago..

Just kidding.

I think I've only seen this popup once ever, and I changed the password to a random one generated by iOS. I'm revisiting some very old sites on occasion for no other reason than to update the password.

I've not seen it either, but wiil be on the lookout for it. I do like the "strong password" generator, although sometimes websites won't accept the password as it contains illegal characters. Which means they aren't as secure as they should be. Having a site tell you your security is “too good” is simply unacceptable.

I've always had good luck using 1Password to do the heavy lifting for me, and I try to change all important passwords at least once a year. So far, so good.

I’ve seen it, but ignored it since it’s for a non-critical site. I think. Or maybe I let Apple update the password. For important sites, I use Lastpass.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom