IRS Refund delays - Efile

e-file accepted federal and CA 4/4, 4/5 respectively. Got refunds deposited today 4/12.

I just checked Mom's online IRS account to see if there was any hint as to why her the return we e-filed on March 3 was "still in process". No hints. It just shows as "not yet processed". Actually, the transcript doesn't really even show they have received anything. But the "Where's my refund" site at least says they have received it. We'll keep waiting.

Haven't read through all the replies but I filed our taxes for 2020 in July 2021 and just got our $242 refund two weeks ago. I couldn't believe it actually arrived!

I just checked Mom's online IRS account to see if there was any hint as to why her the return we e-filed on March 3 was "still in process". No hints. It just shows as "not yet processed". Actually, the transcript doesn't really even show they have received anything. But the "Where's my refund" site at least says they have received it. We'll keep waiting.
Same here, filed 3/13, still waiting. Fortunately my 2021 refund goes to 2022 estimated taxes so I don’t care when they finish “processing.” I am waiting to file and amended return, but that’s also an added refund toward 2022 estimated taxes, whatever.

Same here, filed 3/13, still waiting. Fortunately my 2021 refund goes to 2022 estimated taxes so I don’t care when they finish “processing.” I am waiting to file and amended return, but that’s also an added refund toward 2022 estimated taxes, whatever.

Mom’s status changed overnight. She now has the orange progress bar back and says her refund was approved and should be sent to her bank by April 19th. Fingers crossed.

I'm being really optimistic as I purposefully gave the blessed gov't too much money. So I can get $5,000 in I-bonds.

I'd really like them to include the 7.12% rate , so the race is on to see how fast the IRS can process my giant return :D

We are waiting on a large refund after overpaying for last two years. Tired of loaning the government money. Why would I expect a quick refund given that they’d like to get us to pay even more tax. At some point this crew will keep the overages.

Are many of you surprised that you got your refund so quickly this year? I waited for months last year and the year before.

I wasn’t surprised at the speed of the refund for the efiled taxes as I had a similar experience in the past.

In contrast, still no word on the refund for the paper filing that was done several weeks ago for my Dad. He passed away last year and the accountant said his final return needed to be on paper. No info online, either. Did get back the green card so I know they got it.

I wasn’t surprised at the speed of the refund for the efiled taxes as I had a similar experience in the past.

Really? Even the last two years? I e-file every year, but for the last two years, IRS was so late with my refunds that they even paid me interest.

In contrast, still no word on the refund for the paper filing that was done several weeks ago for my Dad. He passed away last year and the accountant said his final return needed to be on paper. No info online, either. Did get back the green card so I know they got it.

Strange, as I e-filed the Federal return for a deceased, our State insists on a paper copy so I mailed it today.

We got the refund for the Federal deceased e-filing within 1 week of filing :dance:

Its been 4 weeks since my e-filed return was accepted by the IRS. No refund yet & "Where's my refund" says

Has any one else's refund been delayed?

E-filed 4/7 and refund was deposited on 4/13. Go figure. It was a pretty simple return.

I filed on Sunday April 10th and the refund appeared in my checking account Friday, April 15th. A new world record for me. Nothing too weird about my returns except a lot of tedious entries for sale of ESPP and RSU's where I have to spend time to update the cost basis..

Now just waiting for the paper I-bonds so I can turn around and send them into the Treasury for conversion to electronic form like I do every year. I'm seeing over on bogleheads that the conversion process is taking much longer than usual...

Cheers,
Big-Papa

I e filed and I'm waiting to see if I get any letters. I have two things that could get looked into. I took a withdrawal of about $21k from my HSA, with 6 years of medical receipts I saved and I paid 84% of my quarterlies in the 4th quarter, but I also didn't take the bulk of my income until the 4th quarter.
Waiting to see if curious IRS minds want to know.

This is the second time I have gotten a letter asking to confirm/tie my ID to my return.
Three weeks after accepted. Got the money in my account a week later, much sooner the
6 week potential stated in the letter.

I e filed on 3/27 and our refund came last week. Last year it took 5 months.

I actually got my 2021 refund before (the remainder of) my 2020 refund.

Back
Top Bottom