Joining the ranks of the retired

Congratulations, Keegs. The young wife and I have rented the same house in Damariscotta for two weeks each of the last 15 summers. We have been talking about moving up there after we retire in 3 more years.

Thanks Gumby,

Ah!!.. Damariscotta is one of the many great little towns that we've visited but haven't really explored yet. The theater there will likely be our first stop as well as the many great waterfront restaurants. I'm told by locals that each town has its own vibe.

Our real estate search stretched from Belfast to Damariscotta. Prices there and around Newcastle were reasonable as I recall. Good luck.

Hey
1) potential buyers are nice people great. This however is a business transaction. You no doubt have priced your house fairly..
If they low ball you "we really can't afford.." Sorry there will be other buyers.

Something about the way you phrased it all got me worried. remember business transaction.
If I'm wrong please forgive an old man.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Last edited:
Congratulations! Brave new world! Any transition can be kind of scary but it sounds like you are ready, ready, ready!

I won't call it buyer's remorse but that smile I was wearing post resignation has been somewhat tempered by a sense of loss. My colleagues were so open hearted and gracious with me this last week.

I won't call it buyer's remorse but that smile I was wearing post resignation has been somewhat tempered by a sense of loss. My colleagues were so open hearted and gracious with me this last week.

keegs, I found the same thing! While it is certainly a cliche, for me, it really is the PEOPLE I'll miss most, not the job. However, judging by my first week of retirement, I'm guessing I'll likely get over both of those..... :LOL:

Congratulations! I think your mid-coast Maine decision is the right one. I've been retired for three weeks now and have lived in mid coast Maine for over 37 years. In all that time I haven't found another place I'd rather be.

Back
Top Bottom