Just discovered the "Thanks" feature under User CP

Some people are wondering about what is the "thanks level." It isn't very relevant, but go to your profile page and look at the far right of the box which has your user name. On the far right is the stars that show roughly how many posts you have. Above the stars is a little tiny box. Run your cursor over the box and it gives you your thanks level, which is just a phrase, starting I believe with "you are on a distinguished road" after you have had a certain number of thanks, IIRC, ten thank yous.

I do like the thanks feature as it is a nice way to send a short message of appreciation to someone. I also see no need for a "you're welcome."

You are looking on your profile page - Thanks are on the User CP page. See the link to User CP on the line of links near the top of the page that begins with Portal...

Got it now, I was looking in the wrong place. :)

Some people are wondering about what is the "thanks level." It isn't very relevant, but go to your profile page and look at the far right of the box which has your user name. On the far right is the stars that show roughly how many posts you have. Above the stars is a little tiny box. Run your cursor over the box and it gives you your thanks level, which is just a phrase, starting I believe with "you are on a distinguished road" after you have had a certain number of thanks, IIRC, ten thank yous.

I do like the thanks feature as it is a nice way to send a short message of appreciation to someone. I also see no need for a "you're welcome."
i found it - it's a tiny little green box. it tells me i'm on the road to being distinguished. oooooooo :D is there a prize involved? j/k
thanks for the help!

I would like to report my disappointment in only receiving 3, count em, 3 dirty jokes by PM. I can't believe that there aren't some jokes that you have been holding back from the Funny Joke thread for fear of moderation---bring em! ;)

I'm thankful for the thankless job the moderators do, thankfully explaining the thank-you feature to those who wish to express their thanks by thanking those they are thankful to.
Many thanks,
WS

I'm thankful for the thankless job the moderators do, thankfully explaining the thank-you feature to those who wish to express their thanks by thanking those they are thankful to.
Many thanks,
WS

Too bad we don't have a chocolate button :cool:

I didn't know about this feature either!

I got sick of getting e-mail reminders of which thread I commented on so I just set everything to be able to read directly from the boards and I never even went into my user cp in many months.

I would say this is the most elaborate control panel I have ever seen.

So I was shocked to see that I got all of those thank you's! I wish I could read them all. I would like to know who sent them and I feel bad that I didn't comment I don't want anyone to think I was just being rude and blowing them off.

So if someone reading this sent me a thank you I'm sorry I didn't see it! Thanks for sending it! I'm just happy someone liked what I wrote!

Jim

Too bad we don't have a chocolate button :cool:

Maybe Andy could do something about that in the next set of changes? We probably need three buttons (milk chocolate, dark chocolate, chocolate with nuts).

-- Rita

P.S. I'll be happy to be a Beta Tester!

Same as most, I did not explore my User CP until reading this thread. Found some thanks. Hey, it's nice!

Back
Top Bottom