Liftoff!!!

Congratulations! That's a huge achievement. You hit that sweet milestone sooner than my wife and I did - we hit it when I was 40. It only took seven years for us to reach the next mil. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Congratulations on that milestone! And, inflation concerns aside, $1M is still a very impressive chunk of change! I think that puts you in the top 10-12% nationwide, when it comes to net worth. So, it's a milestone that the vast majority of people will never see.

I'm not quite sure what the point of that statement is, other than to remind us that inflation exists. I mean $10M, or $100M, or any sum you can think of, don't go as far as they used to either!

It means $1 million is good, $2 million is better.

A bit of a paraphrase of Ashley Montegue;

I've been rich and I've been poor, rich is better.

Yeah some interesting umm comments.
Let's state that the 31st million is even easier..............
Let's save the humble bragging for the Milestone thread.

Wait, wait, let me get mine in, 30 years to the 1st 6 years to the 2nd. :cool:
OK my humble brag is not as braggadocios as others and I'll add we didn't have a high income, so I hope the OP sees this as inspirational.

OK, Humble Brag justified (?) :)

Well, if you hit $30M on, say, October 31, 2007, getting to $31 might not not have exactly been a walk in the park. Depending on how you were invested, you might have seen $20M again, before you ever saw $31M! :p

Dtail said:

When someone says they “don’t see it happening anytime soon,” a little inspiration never hurt anyone to let them know it can be done. There was no intention to brag since I don’t know anyone here from SGOTI. So please check the attitude.

Wait, wait, let me get mine in, 30 years to the 1st 6 years to the 2nd. :cool:
OK my humble brag is not as braggadocios as others and I'll add we didn't have a high income, so I hope the OP sees this as inspirational.

OK, Humble Brag justified (?) :)

Well, if you hit $30M on, say, October 31, 2007, getting to $31 might not not have exactly been a walk in the park. Depending on how you were invested, you might have seen $20M again, before you ever saw $31M! :p

Fair enough.:LOL:

Way to go, that’s great news!

A million dollars is a milestone most people in the world will never see. You’re at the bottom of the 2-Comma Club, but that’s a great place to be. Now let’s hope those dollars keep being fruitful and multiplying!

Congrats OP, that has to feel great.
Looking at your join date and guessing your 2034 retirement target, you are in much better shape than DW and I were 11 years ago. Keep on keeping on!

Yup, it sure does! The first mill is the best! All that stuff they told you really is true.

All the saving and investing and LBYM really does work - :)

My 1st million is my most treasured collectable. It's been safely locked up (so to speak) for decades now and will likely never be used by me.... For some reason, my DD likes my collectables. :)

@ATXFIRE2034, a hearty congratulations to you.

We spent the first 10 years of our marriage just getting by, so it took a serious change in our attitude to get ahead. I don't remember the date of our 1st million, but I do remember showing my wife the numbers and she was shocked. We hit 2m in 2016, 3m in 2020, and 4m in 2021. It still does not seem real!

........ I don't remember the date of our 1st million, but I do remember showing my wife the numbers and she was shocked........
For me, I do remember the date. It was a couple months before she filed for divorce. :LOL:

Congrats!

Recently hit $1M as well in my late 30s. We celebrated by buying new cars since used ones are more right now with trade in and cash. Love saving but have to celebrate the WINS along the way! Congrats to you!

Just had to quickly share with everyone - we became millionaires this week! NW hit $1.03m as of today! Thank you to everyone here for all of the great wisdom, keep sharing!

That's awesome, congrats!

20 years to save my 1st Mil, 6 years for the 2nd Mil.

Just remember that 1.03 million will probably be 600k after you pay the tax man. Maybe more depending on the state you live in. Move to Florida...

GL

Back
Top Bottom