localphone.com st*nks.. need a new provider

tmm99

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I signed up for localphone.com (you set up a local number with them (for international numbers etc) and when you call the number, it uses VoIP connection on their server for the call) and the first day, it worked great but ever since, it drops every call after about 20-30 seconds. I thought maybe they were having issues with their network so I gave it 2 weeks, but every day, the same thing.

I am looking for a new provider for this service. Anyone know of any that I might try?

I initially thought of getting the VoIP line with Vonage or similar, but cancelling the service seems to be a nightmare with them, plus I have decided to keep my landline, so I am only looking for a service I would use just for international calls and some domestic long distance calls. I went with localphone since there is no charge to use the service except for the calls (like using a calling card, but much easier.) This would have been a perfect solution for me if the line actually worked... :blush:

Any input/recommendations out there? Are there any other providers that provide the same type of service as localphone.com more reliably?

Thank you!

tmm

Back
Top Bottom