LOL!'s Market Timing Newsletter

You would take my advice? Then I'm gonna send a bill, if it is good advice pay it! :LOL:

I say sell when VTI hits 152, the problem is, I don't have a buy back date.

Ahh, err, I meant 156!

Ahh, err, I meant 156!
:) No worries, I haven't sold any VTI since 5/12 and buying a higher quantity of shares back on 5/13.

I'm not afraid to sell more IJS today (it's trading up more than 4% today), but only at a good price. I've submitted a limit order to sell some of the May 13th shares while holding the May 14th shares. I don't expect the limit order to be reached, but you never know.

Update: No pop here at the close, so sell order not executed.

Last edited:
With IJS up, BND down, and a need to rebalance from equities to bonds I sold some IJS (still have a lot left) and bought BND this morning. 412

Update: And I keep selling too early. But there is more to sell anyways, so it is not all bad.

Last edited:
Did anyone feel risky enough to pick AAL? I did, but not enough apparently. Currently up 40%.

Last edited:
Sold more IJS here at the close. It is up for the day while most things are down. I'll decide what to do with the money tomorrow, but probably more bond funds in an act of rebalancing. This is like a 27% gain in about 3 weeks.

Don't know about Alcoa (AA). Certainly a few things have made 40% since lows of March.

Sold more IJS here at the close. It is up for the day while most things are down. I'll decide what to do with the money tomorrow, but probably more bond funds in an act of rebalancing. This is like a 27% gain in about 3 weeks.

Don't know about Alcoa (AA). Certainly a few things have made 40% since lows of March.

Wasn't paying attention and forgot the L for American Airlines. It was up 40% just today.

I just sold a call for CCL at $20 for June 12.

I really don't have a lot of faith in the cruise lines, but others seem to think a company not doing anything, and planning to not do anything for some more months, with big expenses is worth more each day :confused:

With this morning's opening of IJS more than $7 above where it closed yesterday, I clearly sold too soon. I have some more to work with, but my asset allocation plan is going to require more selling of equities.

And for @Sunset, I see that CCL is now selling at about $22 a share, so your call option is gonna cost you some money. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
OK, I am going to do a pure market timing move right now: I bought MTUM a moment ago because it does not seem to be participating in today's rally yet and has actually dropped 1% since the market open. Let's see what happens the rest of the day. 673

And I could not resist selling the rest of my IJS either.

Last edited:
With this morning's opening of IJS more than $7 above where it closed yesterday, I clearly sold too soon. I have some more to work with, but my asset allocation plan is going to require more selling of equities.

And for @Sunset, I see that CCL is now selling at about $22 a share, so your call option is gonna cost you some money. Sorry about that.

This bump up was really a surprise, however since I bought this 100 shares at $15.50 , I'll really make $5/share or 32% on it since I bought it 2-3 months ago. :)

Of course, lets see if next week these numbers hold up... How much higher can everything go :confused:

Ttoday's ploy to buy MTUM worked since MTUM closed up more than a percent higher than I paid for those shares this morning while IJS closed down more than half a percent below where I sold shares. Taken together it is like squeezing out an extra 1.6% gain today that I would not have gotten without trading. That's more than year's worth of interest in a high yield savings account nowadays.

A most impressive week for the portfolio. Enjoy your weekend!

And IJS marches ever higher here at the open today. I've certainly left a lot of money on the table by selling so soon. 037 No trades planned for toady ... yet.

I checked my Asset Allocation and because of the recent run-up in the market (not counting today), I need to unload some large-cap US stocks. So I submitted a market order to sell the MTUM shares bought the other day. MTUM is actually up a little bit this morning while IJS (small-cap-value) has remained quite volatile and dropped to about where I last sold it (so I should delete yesterday's comment :) ). 195

I don't have plans for the money, but I'll think of something.

Last edited:
Well, I'm bummed that I sold MTUM too soon, but I guess I should not complain because I am not holding IJS at all. 395

With IJS selling well below every price I sold it at, I have submitted a limit order to buy a bunch of shares back, but I don't expect the limit order to be executed. This is my way of feeling like I have reacted to today's dump, but without having to worry about buying too soon.

Also MTUM has dropped below that last price I sold it at, so that adds a positive feeling to today's action. 521 I cannot believe my good luck over the past 10 days.

I'll post an update later today.

With IJS selling well below every price I sold it at, I have submitted a limit order to buy a bunch of shares back, but I don't expect the limit order to be executed. This is my way of feeling like I have reacted to today's dump, but without having to worry about buying too soon.

Also MTUM has dropped below that last price I sold it at, so that adds a positive feeling to today's action. 521 I cannot believe my good luck over the past 10 days.

I'll post an update later today.

Yes, but if you bought some other stock, isn't it down now also ?

This market is soooo extreme, I also have to wait until the end of the day to know how things shake out.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Update: IJS dropped more than $10 a share, so I changed my limit order to a market order and bought some shares. I may buy more towards the market close if IJS goes even lower.

And another update: Bought more here at the end.

Last edited:
I will be selling quite a bit of the IJS I bought yesterday since it is up almost 5% this morning. I'm posting this so that I actually go through with the sales. 802

Update: Well, I let the early morning gains slip away without selling. I'm bummed.

Last edited:
I checked my asset allocation and it is actually right where it should be. This has given me a little bit of confidence not to sell any IJS shares even though I posted that I was going to sell shares. I've submitted a limit order to sell some shares of IJS at a nice gain, but not as nice as the high this morning. That's my way of saying I did attempt it, but if it doesn't executed I don't see any bad news on the horizon, so I should be OK holding shares over the weekend if the sell order expires.

Update: Order executed and IJS closed lower than my sell price which is OK.

So why did I type all this? I use this public newsletter as a trading diary and I sometimes like to go back and review what I was thinking.

Last edited:
I just sold a call for CCL at $20 for June 12.

I really don't have a lot of faith in the cruise lines, but others seem to think a company not doing anything, and planning to not do anything for some more months, with big expenses is worth more each day :confused:

My CCL call expired.
Pocketed the tiny premium of $50 (equal to a dividend, except CCL stopped those).

So I get to sell it again.
Of course if the price falls a lot, I'll wish I had sold at $20 :blush:

Things were looking dicey when the market opened today (Monday), but the IJS I bought on 6/11 is now showing a profit, but not as nice on Friday morning. Will it stay positive? I cannot say. I kinda feel like selling, but I just cannot. I am happy to have sold some on Friday. 225

Update: I just noticed that IJS went ex-dividend today which adds to the gains.

Last edited:
My CCL call expired.
Pocketed the tiny premium of $50 (equal to a dividend, except CCL stopped those).

So I get to sell it again.
Of course if the price falls a lot, I'll wish I had sold at $20 :blush:

Sold another call on CCL.

This time I set it for $21.50 strike price, and earned $50.

Will see if on Friday it goes.

Last edited:
I've submitted a limit order to sell the remaining shares of IJS that I bought last Thursday, but once again I do not expect the order to get filled. Today's range from the low to high is more than 6.5% which is insane.

Update: Limit order expired without getting filled.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom