Looking for a durable knee brace

markk

Confused about dryer sheets
I walk for 2 hours/day, 4-5 times a week. I am looking for a good durable knee brace, but with so many out there, not sure which would be best. I assume a hinged one is better.

Thanks

betterbraces.com

I have several of the DonJoy braces including one with hinges. OA Adjuster.

You need to know the nature of the knee's condition as the braces are built for specific support; patella, lateral OA, Media OA, ACL support, etc.

Inthegroove knee brace is great for patella femoral syndrome. It retrains the thigh muscles to hold the leg bones in place so the patella tracks "in the groove".

Update on the inthegroove knee brace. As DD has worn it for 8 hours today while standing and walking and all swelling is controlled and most pain. I love it. It does not work if she sits down. Weight bearing while wearing the brace is the key. You'll see DD in the picture with braces on both knees.
Www.inthegroove.com
ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1434162581.462317.jpg

Zerogravity: Thank you! Thank you! I have a patella problem from limping due to my ankle problem. The In The Groove brace completely relieves the knee pain! I'm thrilled!

:dance:

I fell one time and hurt my knee. It was a bad sprain. If I go on long hikes or walk all day on vacation, I found my knee starts hurting like it's not working quite right. I went to a medical brace place in our city and asked if they sold braces for occasional use without a RX. He fitted me with a lightweight brace with a metal hinge and Velcro straps and it works perfectly. I carry it in my suitcase, just in case. It cost $125.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom