Low carb diet risks

beans are a no-no on the paleo

That is what I said I did best on a "modified" palo diet. I'm okay with eating beans and tubers. Beans are really high in magnesium and a recent studies have indicated they are good for your waistline and your heart.

I wish I could do low-carb, but I guess you can say I am on a less-carb diet. I don't do well with tons of carbs (more craving like Khan said), but I cannot do really low carb... I like some starch in my diet along with small amout of fruit.

It's hard to say what makes you live longer.... Okinawans eat white rice but some say their water that has coral calcium in it makes them live for so long. Bulgarians eat potatoes/pastries, but they drink a lot of fermented drinks (beneficial bacteria) and that is a secret to their longevity, etc, etc.

I just feel better with less carbs. I like fats. Bacon and all. I eat a lot of protein and I wonder about it, but I just feel good eating the way I've been eating - a lot of protein with fats (red meat, chicken, fish, pork, eggs - no hormone, no antibiotics injected or farmed or added chemicals), less starchy carbs, tons of veggies and small amount of fruit.

Having said all that, sometimes, I buy an instant ramen and eat a half of it with a poached egg!!!!

Most US supermarkets are full of carbs and processed meats..........

the trick to weight loss is energy out > energy in. not just eating fewer carbs. our "bird food" diet has helped us feel tremendously better. minimal meat (1 or 2 times a month). lots of exercise.

I prefer to think of it and act on it as a "controlled carbs" diet that regularly includes at least 1 serving of fruit/day + veggies, beans and salads and uses low GI whole grains 1-2x/dy in preference to the processed & white stuff.

That said: I do need my bagel/muffin and pizza at least weekly.

Back
Top Bottom