Made the move to W. Colorado

pjm-7

Recycles dryer sheets
After a couple years of working on the idea I finally made my move out of the Denver area. You're probably thinking that this is an absolutely crazy time to relocate. I started the process after the first of the year before things went totally bonkers. I found a house that I liked and was able to sell my house quickly (will complete the closing in the next week or so).

So now I find myself sitting in a basically empty house because I cannot go furniture shopping. I have a few things ordered online. I checked out some volunteer opportunities awhile back. The animal shelter that I want to volunteer at is temporarily closed. So, it's just stay home and go through boxes. I did get some veggie plants so I can get started on some gardening.

Yes, I'm dealing with the sadness and anxiousness that a lot of people are feeling. To be alone in a town where not knowing anyone is a bit scary. It isn't the first time in my life that I have moved to a completely different area. It's just odd that some of my planned connections (volunteering, yoga classes) just won't happened for awhile. Just waiting to see what the new normal will be. :(

We too are new to the area and have no social circles. Most of our contacts are expected to start within church, and the churches are only online right now.

Good luck to you. When life is more normal, things will be different. In the meantime, we have enough unpacking to last us another 6 months.

We live here too and love it. Go hike in the Colorado National monument. Get some good food at Namaste, Hot Tomato, Taco Party or Bin 707. Pick up some local wine in Palisade or Paonia. Do take out at Pesche’ or Palisade Cafe. Drive up on the Grand Mesa. Find the local petroglyphs. Bike the river front trail. Enjoy being out of the crowds and virus conditions of the Front Range.
Enjoy the milder temps, no snow. Look at what you have vs what you don’t. This too shall pass.

Enjoy your new place.

Go hike in the Colorado National monument. Get some good food at Namaste, Hot Tomato, Taco Party or Bin 707. Pick up some local wine in Palisade or Paonia. Do take out at Pesche’ or Palisade Cafe. Drive up on the Grand Mesa. Find the local petroglyphs. Bike the river front trail. Enjoy being out of the crowds and virus conditions of the Front Range.
Enjoy the milder temps, no snow. Look at what you have vs what you don’t. This too shall pass.

Definitely Colorado NM.

Attachments

• 1420.jpg
    1420.jpg
    823.9 KB · Views: 55
Welcome to the Grand Valley. Yes, it is a strange time to relocate, but I'm sure it will work out fine in the end. In another 11 days, we will have been here for 4 years now. Love the area. The photo above in Dr Roy's post is of Independence Rock. We have hiked to it 51 times this year from the house (5.6 mile round trip). Yes, I have kept track. :LOL:

Congrats and best wishes on your relo. I’m not in a position to make a move from west Arvada, but Redlands Mesa or Durango are on my short list.

Congrats and best wishes on your relo. I’m not in a position to make a move from west Arvada, but Redlands Mesa or Durango are on my short list.

We love Redlands Mesa.

Attachments

• 8F9D0E6B-0BF8-4C07-8AF6-9BEE4A4FC754.jpeg
    8F9D0E6B-0BF8-4C07-8AF6-9BEE4A4FC754.jpeg
    347.8 KB · Views: 35
  • B3034467-657F-4B3E-A990-1B4D2D5C6ADA.jpg
    B3034467-657F-4B3E-A990-1B4D2D5C6ADA.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 35
Back
Top Bottom