Mary Ann, Mary Ann, Mary Ann

Articles have been written on this very very important question :):

Throughout television history, several classic arguments have earned a spot on the couch next to passionate scholars of all ages. Who was more powerful: Jeannie or Samantha? Which show was better: Star Trek or Battlestar Galactica? More than any of these arguments, though, there is one that’s stayed in the forefront for almost fifty years. It’s a powerful question to which there is no real right answer … except for the one you find right here. Who is hotter: Ginger or Mary Ann? Read on to find out.

https://www.famefocus.com/beauty/whos-hotter-mary-ann-ginger/

In full disclosure, I'm on the Mary Ann camp. But must say that in point #9, that picture of Tina Louise is gorgeous. Plus, I thought she did great in her part in the movie "The Stepford Wives".

Oh man. I might have to donate. Mary Ann was a very important part of my childhood.

FYI: I always thought Mary Ann was hotter than Ginger.

Disagree. But one could take Mary Ann home to meet mom. Ginger wouldn't have gone over so well.

$10 million? Nonsense, the Howells were worth billions:

IIRC, the song went: "....the millionaire....and his wife....."

But! I want to know how they all had so many changes of clothes (especially Ginger) for a 'three hour tour'.

But! I want to know how they all had so many changes of clothes (especially Ginger) for a 'three hour tour'.

I've wondered about that too. And despite the lack of washing facilities nothing ever got dirty, hair stayed trimmed and combed, etc.

Disagree. But one could take Mary Ann home to meet mom. Ginger wouldn't have gone over so well.

Probably would need to cover up a little more.

Dawn Wells update:

"Gilligan's Island" star Dawn Wells certainly isn't being cast away by her friends and fans in her time of financial difficulty.
Wells, who played Mary Ann Summers on the iconic sitcom, reacted Wednesday to the support she's received thanks to a GoFundMe campaign launched on her behalf, saying that she's "amazed at the kindness and affection I have received" and adding, "please know that my outlook is positive."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebr...-despite-financial-woes/ar-BBMYp3L?li=BBnb2gh

Sure hope this ends in an as best can be ending :popcorn:.

I've wondered about that too. And despite the lack of washing facilities nothing ever got dirty, hair stayed trimmed and combed, etc.
There was one episode where they showed Gilligan washing the clothes. The episode where the Robot falls out of the sky I believe. When you have the directors on your side a lot of shortcomings can be overcome.

Mary Ann.
I was lucky enough to marry a pie baking blue eyed brunette named Mary Ann in real life.

I won't donate to her fund me page, but do watch her YouTube Still on the Island videos

Ginger, Mary Ann, Teri Garr, AND Heather Graham... [emoji41]

As long as we are fantasizing, we can add Marilyn Monroe, Bridget Bardot, and Elke Sommer (remember the nudist camp scene in "a shot in the dark"?)

There were four actresses that played the part of Ginger Grant. Judith Baldwin, who played Ginger in one of the movies was also in the movie "The Stepford Wives".

From Dawn Wells Facebook:

Wow! I am amazed at the kindness and affection I have received from the current outpouring in regards to the Go Fund Me Page that is grabbing so much attention and want to address it. A dear dear friend of mine with a big heart was trying to help me with some common issues we all understand and some must face. He create that page with the love an emotion like someone protecting their child. In a recent conversation with him I remarked Where did the time go? I don't know how this happened. I thought I was taking all the proper steps to ensure my golden years. Now, here I am, no family, no husband, no kids and no money. Im grateful that God has given me so many friends and fans who care, or it would all be too ....overwhelming .....I am grateful to any of my fans who are willing to offer support. However, please know that my outlook is positive and I look forward to seeing you all in my travels.

Of course everyone's idea of no money isn't the same. No hubby, anyone got her phone number?

As of this night, total raised is over $97K, with 10 days to reach the $180K goal.

I have empathy for people in need which doesn’t include formerly rich people.

The money is rolling in as the godfundme is now at $120k!

The money is rolling in as the godfundme is now at $120k!

We had a thread last week asking what we might do if our money ran out.
Now this has got me thinking....

Of course everyone's idea of no money isn't the same. No hubby, anyone got her phone number?
I like my girl next door to not be 200K in debt with no assets to back it up.

One of the things that I think influences the decision on Ginger vs Mary Ann is how they were portrayed on the show... If they had Ginger playing the Mary Ann part thoughts might have been different...

Both are beautiful.... but between the representations on the show I would go with Mary Ann...

Mary Ann was allowed to bounce around in her short-shorts on Gilligan’s Island while Rob and Laura Petrie on The Dick Van Dyke Show had to sleep in separate single beds. I guess that 1960’s audiences were not supposed to ask how little Ritchie Petrie was ever conceived with this parental sleeping arrangement. :fingerwag:

Back
Top Bottom