Moving a car.

The KIA has ~55,000.
It will become our local errand car, saving his big car for long distance and for towing.

The KIA has ~55,000.
It will become our local errand car, saving his big car for long distance and for towing.

~55,000 miles. You're still breaking the car in :D

I've driven a Kia Spectra before and was actually impressed. A good value car in my opinion.

I'm thinking it has the original tires.

Costco has Michelin on sales right now. $70 off for a set of 4. Just had them put on my car.

And you can also go to Discount Tire and ask them to match Costco deal. They did it for me before on my 6 expensive RV tires. Costco's guys um'ed and ah'ed when asked about my motorhome. It was too big to fit in their bay, and they did not want to do it out in the parking lot using manual jacks. Discount Tire guys had absolutely no problem taking the job.

Discount tire direct has a sale going this weekend. Up to $75 rebate on a set of 4, $30 rebate for using their CC. Add with MIR for select tires, Cooper has a $70 rebate.

If moving an Ohio car to Florida I hope it has an air conditioner. If not I would suggest selling it and buying another when you get there or maybe do that before you make the move. The high heat and the humidity for 6 months out of the year (and longer the further south you go) can be a health concern as we get older. You read and hear about this almost daily during that time.

Cheers!

KIA has A/C.
I'll replace the tires later this year.
Never thought about age of tires making a difference if in use.

I'll replace the tires later this year.
Never thought about age of tires making a difference if in use.
How Long Does a Tire Last?
Carmakers, tiremakers and rubber manufacturers differ in their opinions about the lifespan of a tire. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has no specific guidelines on tire aging and defers to the recommendations of carmakers and tire manufacturers. Carmakers such as Nissan and Mercedes-Benz tell consumers to replace tires six years after their production date, regardless of tread life. Tire manufacturers such as Continental and Michelin say a tire can last up to 10 years, provided you get annual tire inspections after the fifth year.
How Old - and Dangerous - Are Your Tires?

Even if a blown tire does not cause an accident costing lives and limbs, it can cause a lot of damage to the fender. In an RV, the broken steel belt trashing around can destroy the wheel well, the walls surrounding it. A big mess! :nonono:

I read the story of an RV'er whose blown tire whipped the exhaust pipe and caused it to deflect, unbeknown to her after the tire had been replaced, and to blow hot exhaust gas onto the black sewage tank, melting it. :nonono:

Even if a blown tire does not cause an accident costing lives and limbs, it can cause a lot of damage to the fender. In an RV, the broken steel belt trashing around can destroy the wheel well, the walls surrounding it. A big mess! :nonono:............
A relative had a tire blow on a travel trailer and take out the propane line, which was on to power the refrigerator. Whipping tire carcasses are destructive. :(

An update:

Drove the KIA from Ohio to Florida 10-13 April (~1100 miles). He did most of the driving. Every part of the car worked fine (had some brake work done ~6 months back).

Will probably be flying to Ohio and driving back with rented truck when (if?) house sells

Back
Top Bottom