My coffee altar ... and yours?

Lsbcal

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Every morning I brew a nice pot of coffee. Especially good in the winter months. You can see my "coffee altar" below.

It has been upgraded by buying a container that easily keeps a pound of coffee fresh. It's an Airscape (bright blue container) that allows you to remove most of the air from the container. Works for beans or ground coffee. Also I got a fancy 2 tablespoon spoon that speeds up the process (the gold spoon in the glass jar).

Might make nice gifts too.

image3.jpg

Here are links to the Airscape coffee container and spoons:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CFWM2FT4?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09GPY9KYV?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

P.S. you don't actually have to be ER'd to do this :)

Our coffee corner looks similar, with a Keurig/latte/cappucino maker and three airtight coffee holders (DH and I like a variety, and I have decaf)
We also have an extension area in the cupboard with a French press and a percolator, for times we want coffee a bit different.

Love our morning cuppa!

We had a great barista a couple years ago on a cruise. I have been spending too much on hardware. Not shown a fellow ode gen1 and some nice beans.

Attachments

• 20231211_111602.jpg
    20231211_111602.jpg
    594.6 KB · Views: 64
Got one of these this past summer, and I've never had such good coffee at home before!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 13.23.33.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 13.23.33.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
We had a great barista a couple years ago on a cruise. I have been spending too much on hardware. Not shown a fellow ode gen1 and some nice beans.

What do you make with the big machine on the right?

What do you make with the big machine on the right?

Thats a Bianca espresso machine. I generally make a cappuccino. But any espresso based drink.

Daily coffee "alter" with friends (Whataburger ROMEO group):

Free coffee for seniors!

ROMEO Group.jpeg

There are two Interlopers (less than seniors) in "training" in the picture!

French press and espresso is the way we roll. We have an insta hot dispenser, not shown, so we can make press pot coffee in minutes.

Attachments

• IMG_0600.jpg
    IMG_0600.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 16
I am sad and pathetic......40 years of brewing Folgers in a Mr. Coffee.

I am sad and pathetic......40 years of brewing Folgers in a Mr. Coffee.

If it works for you..... who am I to say differently.

I fall between you and the guy in the video above who takes four minutes to make a cup of coffee with everything having already been cleaned and laid out by his coffee sous-chef. :D

Normally, I have a Mr. Coffee Jr. and a burr grinder. I grind the beans put them in the Mr. Coffee Jr. and out comes several very good cups. I find the burr grinder makes a huge difference in flavor compared to a blade grinder.

If I just want one cup or I wish to treat myself or others, I turn on the Jura Capresso which is always loaded with beans and water. One push of the button and out comes an excellent cup of coffee. It's an old Jura, at least 15 years old. I got it from Costco for a measly $800. Worth every penny, and over the years I am sure it's been much cheaper to operate than a pod or K-cup type machine. And better coffee, IMHO.

Last edited:
Daily coffee "alter" with friends (Whataburger ROMEO group):

Free coffee for seniors!

View attachment 47847

There are two Interlopers (less than seniors) in "training" in the picture!

I get together with a group of guys here too. Not daily but fun. The organization SIR in California is good if you don't have your own group formed.

Breville Barista for me, and a french press when I need a small pot

Attachments

• IMG_20231211_130417654 (1).jpg
    IMG_20231211_130417654 (1).jpg
    632.8 KB · Views: 20
I have some containers in the garage from my parents coffee brewing days. Must be over 50 years old:

Got one of these this past summer, and I've never had such good coffee at home before!

I got one of these for my son and his fiancée for Christmas. They absolutely love higher end coffee drinks. I hope they like it.

If you've ever spent time drinking it from the never washed, never turned off percolator in the engine room of a submarine, you learn not to be too picky about coffee (and also that you should just drink it black without sugar, because there is no other choice). We have a simple Keurig and we get the dark roast K-cups from Amazon. One quick cup in the morning and I'm happy enough. In fact, some days I forget to make a cup at all.

If you've ever spent time drinking it from the never washed, never turned off percolator in the engine room of a submarine, you learn not to be too picky about coffee (and also that you should just drink it black without sugar, because there is no other choice).

WAY back when I was in college and just starting to drink coffee I read a book called "The Mote in God's Eye." In it the crew of an interstellar spacecraft constantly complain about the never cleaned, never turned off coffeemaker in the mess hall. The crew would wistfully remember that month or so when the built-up coffee oils was just perfect and they actually had really good tasting coffee. I think they even named an era for it. I remember the book being an awesome sci-fi read but the only specific details I can remember is the bit about the coffeemaker. Weird.

Last edited:
We're not fancy - but we have a variety of methods for coffee production.

- Drip pot into a thermal carafe. This is our daily morning coffee.
- 2 different sizes of Moka pots. One super huge for when we both want mugs of strong coffee. (We take this camping, too.) And a smaller one that makes a small cup of strong coffee.
- French press pot. Actually 2, one for home, and a stainless steel one in our scooby van we have for those occasions we forget to bring the super huge moka pot camping.

I also have a milk frother that looks like a french press - but you can microwave the milk then froth it.

We used to have a Saeco espresso machine - but it died after about 6 years.
- Perc pot.

It was the same setup as OP's although the countertop is not as nice (with a Ninja coffee maker from DS) however DH stuffed the microwave on that counter. :facepalm:

Since he does the cooking when he's home - I haven't moved it - yet.

Yes, we have a coffee altar. Keurig and Vario grinder live on a small counter next to the fridge. But the Nespresso machine lives on a separate counter with the electric kettle.

Attachments

• IMG_4886.jpeg
    IMG_4886.jpeg
    546.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4887.jpeg
    IMG_4887.jpeg
    416.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
My coffee altar looks a lil different than y'alls

Attachments

• barista.jpg
    barista.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 17
My altar is 2 liter bottles of Diet Coke in the fridge that are constantly rotated with new ones. I never learned to like coffee. But I’m addicted to Diet Coke, for sure.

Back
Top Bottom