Nearing FIRE *and* leaving Ameriprise

Ubuntu

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello,
Longtime lurker... forum name recently changed for more anonymity.

Anyway, single male, 61. Plan to FIRE within 1 year. I have the following invested with Ameriprise, but am now in the process of liquidating what I can and I plan to move to Vanguard. I am posting in hopes of getting your thoughts on how to allocate my proceeds in light of the fact that I have just extricated myself from the market and am trying to wedge myself back into the market at this sensitive time, so close to retirement.

Non-qualified account: $160K, including
2 deferred annuities: $225K (this is the surrender value)
Brokerage (Roth IRA): $10K
Traditional IRA: $380K
Untouchable REIT: $50K
-----------------------------
Subtotal: $775K

I also have liquid assets in checking accounts, savings accounts, Elfun fund and US Savings Bonds of $110K and an every 3-month rolling 18-month CD ladder (with 1 hole in it: nothing will mature in 12/14) that amounts to $83K, so that's more or less liquid also.

I've just finished reading "The investor's manifesto", so I believe I should have roughly a 40/60 stock/bond AA.

At any time, I could choose a pension from a previous employer; at 65, this would be worth $11K/yr ($923/mo), and SS would theoretically be about $2150/mo.

Thanks in advance,

Ubuntu (whatever) :D

forum name recently changed for more anonymity.

I don't believe that the NSA allows that.

I don't know enough about your situation to make much of a suggestion however I would make sure that Total Stock Market fund was in the mix somewhere. You are smart to get out from under Ameriprise.

Back
Top Bottom