Need suggestions on how to help parents with failing health.

2HOTinPHX

Full time employment: Posting here.
Thank you all for your replies. Our dads condition just kept getting worse and they found a couple of areas that may have been cancer but he was to weak from what they thought was GBS to investage the spots. Unfortunately our dear Dad passed away. Fortunately we were able to get mom to the Hospital to see him on there 62nd wedding anniversary. He could not speak very well at the time but is was touching to see them together. What a touching example of love they had for each other. All 4 of their kids and spouses made in time to see him and tell him we love him so much. He passed away peacefully at the hospital instead of having to be moved to a hospice. 3 months of suffering was long enough. We will miss him dearly. We told him he can count on us to take care of Mom.

Thank you all for your replies. Our dads condition just kept getting worse and they found a couple of areas that may have been cancer but he was to weak from what they thought was GBS to investage the spots. Unfortunately our dear Dad passed away. Fortunately we were able to get mom to the Hospital to see him on there 62nd wedding anniversary. He could not speak very well at the time but is was touching to see them together. What a touching example of love they had for each other. All 4 of their kids and spouses made in time to see him and tell him we love him so much. He passed away peacefully at the hospital instead of having to be moved to a hospice. 3 months of suffering was long enough. We will miss him dearly. We told him he can count on us to take care of Mom.
Sorry thought this would link to original thread..

I am so very sorry. Glad your mom has great kids to look after her. A friend of mine just lost her husband after 67 years. It’s so hard.

Sorry for your loss.

I know your Mom will be well cared-for.

omni

Last edited:
Very sorry for your loss. Sounds like you have a good family to go forward.

So sorry for your loss, but happy for the wonderful 62 years they spent together enjoying their loving family. You were there for him and he knew it. My mom spent less than 2 weeks in a nursing home before she passed at 93 yrs. old. I was saddened by so many elderly there, looking depressed and alone. I wondered if their family even visited them.

Your DF passed with the love and support of his family and wife of so many years. I want to go that way. Sorry, I did not read your original post so I don't know the details of his illness.

Just to add, some of the elderly in my mom's nursing home had been there for years. I talked to a few of them. My heart sank. I asked a lady eating alone, "do you have family?" She looked at me with a blank stare. We talked earlier and she was coherent.

Back
Top Bottom