New England Patriots IPO ?

Lakewood90712

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Any idea of the value of the team if it could go public ?

There are individuals who could buy it at virtually any price, but a publicly traded corp. ownership could be a good thing for investor$. The current owner may be selling soon. The NFL will strongly encourage that.

One team is municipal owned , and NBA Boston Celtics is a LP , publicly traded shares .

The Packers are owned by individual stockholders. But, that doesn't seem to be a model for the Patriots.

Green Bay is the only team with this public form of ownership structure in the NFL, grandfathered when the NFL's current ownership policy stipulating a maximum of 32 owners per team, with one holding a minimum 30% stake, was established in the 1980s. As a publicly-held nonprofit, the Packers are also the only American major-league sports franchise to release its financial balance sheet every year.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Bay_Packers,_Inc.

Kraft seems to be having some legal trouble at the moment so it may not be good timing for an IPO.

Yep. Forbes estimates $3.8 billion for the Pats. According to the league rule, at least one owner in any new consortium would need to invest $1.1 billion. The other 31 pikers could get in at the bargain price of $86 million each.

Kraft seems to be having some legal trouble at the moment so it may not be good timing for an IPO.

I'm sorry but this is too funny. A billionaire and a massage parlor. Talk about the elephant in the room.

Any idea of the value of the team if it could go public ?

There are individuals who could buy it at virtually any price, but a publicly traded corp. ownership could be a good thing for investor$. The current owner may be selling soon. The NFL will strongly encourage that.

One team is municipal owned , and NBA Boston Celtics is a LP , publicly traded shares .
Due to the front page news on billionaire Pats owner Robert Kraft's shocking arrest warrant regarding recent Jupiter FL incident, not surprised if he puts the team up for sale and enrich himself with more $$.

I'm sorry but this is too funny. A billionaire and a massage parlor. Talk about the elephant in the room.
+1
You can't make this up. I guess he's LBYM.

Last edited:
I can’t see how the misdemeanor charge impacts revenue to the team owners in a significant way so there will be no major changes.

The rumor is based on the news that the current owner is now in a lot of trouble, and it's possible the league may force him to relinquish control of the team.

It's a couple of misdemeanors... at worst look for a few game suspension and a fine. I do know that Roger Goodell is a happy camper today.....

Seems a little premature, not uncommon these days, especially given the recent missteps re: the Smollett incident where lots of folks loudly jumped to conclusions that may prove false.

Maybe wait a couple days before gleefully dancing on someone's grave?

If it proves to be true, Kraft is a colossal idiot, and I'm a Pats fan.

It's a couple of misdemeanors... at worst look for a few game suspension and a fine. I do know that Roger Goodell is a happy camper today.....
And Kraft will probably do 100 hours of community service along side the other "Johns" that were caught in the undercover police sting. The late night comedians are going to have a field day on future Robert Kraft jokes. 77 year old Kraft should spend more time with his current 39 year old girlfriend.

When it comes to the rich and the famous, the court of public opinion is far more powerful than any court of competent jurisdiction.

Roger Goodell will use everything available to get Kraft out of the owners club.

Something that is not surprising is the lack of feedback from fellow football owners and the players themselves. In my younger days, I was a room service waiter in luxury golf resorts in Florida. When you here the expression " what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas " is reality. Celebreties, politicians, athletes, doctors, lawyers etc have a dark side that the public does not see. I saw it on a regular basis and was told to turn a blind eye. But they sure tipped me well. People including me can joke about it but in reality, power and money can get you what you want. Just be careful what you wish for.

The rumor is based on the news that the current owner is now in a lot of trouble, and it's possible the league may force him to relinquish control of the team.

There's a huge leap from the news of trouble to an IPO.

There is no way the NFL would force an ownership change due to this incident. And Kraft's son is being groomed to take over ownership when the time is right so the team will stay in the family. There is absolutely no indication that they will ever go public.

You might wish to read this before subscribing to silly rumors:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-mean-new-england-patriots-owner-robert-kraft

"Is there any possibility these charges will result in Kraft having to sell the Patriots?

Almost certainly not, but he is subject to NFL discipline on an individual level."

Last edited:
Due to the front page news on billionaire Pats owner Robert Kraft's shocking arrest warrant regarding recent Jupiter FL incident, not surprised if he puts the team up for sale and enrich himself with more $$.

Lesson of the day: Even when the rich lose, they win.

He could relinquish control to his son who's pretty much already running the show.

Full disclosure: our nephew works for the Pats.

There's a huge leap from the news of trouble to an IPO.

There is no way the NFL would force an ownership change due to this incident. And Kraft's son is being groomed to take over ownership when the time is right so the team will stay in the family. There is absolutely no indication that they will ever go public.

You might wish to read this before subscribing to silly rumors:
What solicitation charges mean for New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft

"Is there any possibility these charges will result in Kraft having to sell the Patriots?

Almost certainly not, but he is subject to NFL discipline on an individual level."

Well, so far his defense has denied that he did anything illegal. A billionaire with a lot of legal resources can put up a pretty good defense. Plus, he's close with Goodell and probably the most powerful NFL owner, so we'll see what type of action, if any will result :popcorn:.

Seems a little premature, not uncommon these days, especially given the recent missteps re: the Smollett incident where lots of folks loudly jumped to conclusions that may prove false.

+1

Much to the embarrassment of the modern news media, we have had two recent 'outrage' events where the press jumped on the story without bothering to fact check what actually happened or confirm the sources.

Let's let the legal process play itself out and see where the evidence leads us.

Last edited:

Maybe wait a couple days before gleefully dancing on someone's grave?

If it proves to be true, Kraft is a colossal idiot, and I'm a Pats fan.

I dislike the Pats.....a lot. I mean a lot. However, Robert Kraft is a great owner and a good person.

He was devastated when his wife of many years died. Did he make a mistake? Absolutely. We all do stupid things and if we were held accountable as much as these guys then life would be a lot tougher.

He lead a group of retired Christian athletes to Israel and documented it. Pretty dang cool.

So, just chalk it up to a bad decision. If you want to get into the discussion of objectifying women and supporting this business then that's a whole new discussion.

As far as an IPO, I don't really care.

I dislike the Pats.....a lot. I mean a lot. However, Robert Kraft is a great owner and a good person.

He was devastated when his wife of many years died. Did he make a mistake? Absolutely. We all do stupid things and if we were held accountable as much as these guys then life would be a lot tougher.

He lead a group of retired Christian athletes to Israel and documented it. Pretty dang cool.

So, just chalk it up to a bad decision. If you want to get into the discussion of objectifying women and supporting this business then that's a whole new discussion.

As far as an IPO, I don't really care.

Well put!

For me the stupidity is in "what's a guy like that doing at a $59 strip mall massage parlor??" With that kind of resources and potential risk, home delivery for maybe $1K worth of discretion seemed like a much better option IMO.

We’ve had:

- Snowplowgate
- Spygate
- Deflategate

We need a name for this event. Hmmmm... :popcorn:

An IPO for a football team is an interesting topic. Why don’t we all get back on topic and skip,all that other stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom