NFL: 2015 Season

Should be great games from here on out...though most of the playoff games were interesting if not good. Chiefs-Texans was the only boring playoff game IIRC.

Yes, that game sucked. I just hope that it finally forced Texans management to address the hideous QB situation and go all-in to fix it this time.

The most striking takeaway from the weekend was the atrocious clock management, most notably by the Chiefs.

Both Carolina and Seattle forgot that there are four quarters in a football game.

I noted several bad "spots", especially in the Packers/Cards game.

Not sure any of the teams were hitting on all cylinders. Some glimpses though.

In my dream scenario, Peyton and the Broncs win the SB, and then Peyton retires! Not sure they can win the next two...

The most striking takeaway from the weekend was the atrocious clock management, most notably by the Chiefs.

Both Carolina and Seattle forgot that there are four quarters in a football game.

Carolina did much the same thing in their game against the Giants, and they apparently didn't learn their lesson. In that game, they had a 35-7 lead in the third quarter, shut it down at that point, and the Giants actually *tied* the game late in the 4th quarter before a last-minute FG won it for the Panthers.

I'm willing to credit Seattle's adjustments and refusal to quit for some of that, but yeah, Carolina again seemed to sleepwalk after amassing a huge halftime lead.

"The biggest disappointment was I really didn't want to play the game the way we did in the second half," Panthers coach Ron Rivera told reporters. "I wanted to be more aggressive, I wanted to just continue to try and attack, but we got into protect mode, which I'm a little disappointed about."
Ummm...aren't you the coach :confused:

Cam Newton: 'Lots of players with their butts tight' - NFL.com

When you are winning 31-0 at halftime and have anywhere near a competent defense all you have to do is run the ball and the clock will do the work for you. Carolina didnt need to throw more than 5 times in the second half to win. They almost gave it away trying to blow Seattle out instead of just winning.

When you are winning 31-0 at halftime and have anywhere near a competent defense all you have to do is run the ball and the clock will do the work for you. Carolina didnt need to throw more than 5 times in the second half to win. They almost gave it away trying to blow Seattle out instead of just winning.

The problem is that they couldn't run the ball. And the defense went into a prevent as soon as the second half started. And by the 4th quarter their defense was on the field way too much and couldn't stop anything.

I'll admit that I didnt watch much of the second half, but I did hear the sideline reporter say that she talked to Rivera at halftime and he said that he wouldnt be happy just closing the game out and that he would keep scoring. That's a stupid plan when you're up 31-0. Ive also always thought prevent defense was stupid.

Been away on vacation about the last 10 days. Return home tomorrow. By being away, missed some games but did catch that crazy Cardinals vs Packers game awhile back.

For this Sunday, I'm picking Panthers over Cardinals (Palmer did not look good against the Packers) and Pats over the Broncos. Manning and the playoffs, I won't pick him anymore.

For this Sunday, I'm picking Panthers over Cardinals (Palmer did not look good against the Packers) and Pats over the Broncos. Manning and the playoffs, I won't pick him anymore.

I don't care much about the Cards and Panthers but I'd like to see the Panthers win, just because they were so close to a perfect season... No other reasons and no bets on that one.

However, I do care about the Broncos and Patriots game. I'm afraid you may be right but I'm still going with the Broncos. Unfortunately, Manning may want it so bad it will hurt his playing by taking to many high risk passes. But, I really don't want to see Belicheat or Brady win again.

Last edited:
If Gronkowski and Edelman don't play against the Broncos (both among players listed as questionable), I'd be very surprised if they could win, especially on the road at altitude. I assume they will play even if they aren't 100% since it's a conf championship. We'll know soon.

We should have two great games on Sunday, no matter who you may pull for (or actively hate where applicable)... :cool:

If Gronkowski and Edelman don't play against the Broncos (both among players listed as questionable), I'd be very surprised if they could win, especially on the road at altitude. I assume they will play even if they aren't 100% since it's a conf championship. We'll know soon.

If playing won't significantly increase risk of further injury and they can play through the pain, they will play.

Plus, if they win, they'll have two weeks to recover and heal. If they lose, they'll have a lot longer.

It was full attendance at their last practice on Friday before heading to Denver. It will be full hands on deck even if they're not 100%.

This should be a good day of Football as the top two seeds from each conference are playing for a place at the Big Dance.

Last edited:
Late starts today. I wish they could settle on consistent game times.

OK, I'll go with Carolina and NE just to be a contrarian although home field may help Denver find a way to win.

Late starts today. I wish they could settle on consistent game times.

OK, I'll go with Carolina and NE just to be a contrarian although home field may help Denver find a way to win.
+2.

Denver and Carolina. Home field will be the deciding factor.

Rooting for Denver and Arizona. Both games should be great. 4 teams that look to be evenly matched.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

17-12 4th quarter for my Broncos.

Hoping for the guys who struggled through all the snow even though they beat my Seahawks.

Back
Top Bottom