NFL: 2019 Season

I have enjoyed Kevin Harlan’s play by play for years. Today’s game was definitely enjoyable, and just good football.

“The result was possibly the coolest sports moment of 2019. Between announcing plays for the Chiefs, Harlan also called Ryan Fitzpatrick’s winning touchdown pass against the Patriots. You can hear Chiefs fans erupt in cheers following Harlan’s call. They found out about the touchdown at that exact moment, making the clip even more impactful. It was just perfect timing.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/cbs-announ...pture-chiefs-winning-no-2-seed-232357824.html
One of the neatest things I've seen. He was switching between calling both games for a while without telling anyone. I'm still laughing.

Last edited:
Wow. What a finish to the 49ers-Seahawks game.

Yes what an entertaining, and good, game. Unlike most of the day's other games.

I don't know about the Patriots this year. They have not had to play in the Wild Card round since 2009, and it did not go well with them at that time. They were 8-0 the first half of the season but 3-5 the second half, and their games were a lot closer in the 2nd half of the season. I don't count them out but with a hot Titans offense coming to town and, if they make it though them, playing at either Baltimore or KC, they are a lot more vulnerable this year.

As a diehard Patriots fan, I totally agree... they are not near as strong this year as usual. I think/hope that they will beat the Titans. They were competitive with KC a few weeks ago and a couple calls by the zebras made a big difference in that game. But Baltimore looks like the class of the AFC.

Now all of that said, I recall another year when I had all but written them off they went on to win the Super Bowl.

Looks to me like the 49ers or Saints in the NFC.

Yes I was going to mention that. I actually rewound a couple of times to see how it happened. That was a killer but they still had 3 shots from the 6 yard line to win. With Wilson at the helm most would take that bet though 3 shots from the 1 would be an even better bet.

And that last offensive play for Seattle was as close to braking the plane as you can get without actually breaking the plane.

As a diehard Patriots fan, I totally agree... they are not near as strong this year as usual. I think/hope that they will beat the Titans. They were competitive with KC a few weeks ago and a couple calls by the zebras made a big difference in that game. But Baltimore looks like the class of the AFC.

Now all of that said, I recall another year when I had all but written them off they went on to win the Super Bowl.

Looks to me like the 49ers or Saints in the NFC.
+1. Sigh...

Ravens v Chiefs is going to be some game! Jackson and Mahomes, wow!

Last edited:
+1 But what about the delay of game penalty late in the game? WTF? :facepalm:

Pete Carroll's incompetence strikes again.

Yes I was going to mention that. I actually rewound a couple of times to see how it happened. That was a killer but they still had 3 shots from the 6 yard line to win. With Wilson at the helm most would take that bet though 3 shots from the 1 would be an even better bet.

I guess that we were not the only ones to notice.... Carroll's stupidity got the top spot on Ranking the 7 dumbest mistakes from a throwback Sunday in NFL Week 17

1. The Seahawks’ delay of game penalty probably cost them the NFC West
Sunday night’s 49ers-Seahawks game will go down as one of the best Week 17 finales in league history, with San Francisco winning 26-21 to earn the NFC’s No. 1 seed. The game came down to the wire, and a late penalty might’ve cost Seattle the win and the division title.

With 23 seconds left on the 49ers’ 1-yard line, the Seahawks spiked the ball with no timeouts. Head coach Pete Carroll wanted to put running back Marshawn Lynch in for what could’ve been an easy goal-line score. Lynch, in his much-celebrated return to Seattle, had already scored on a 1-yard run earlier in the quarter. Another chance to do that, in this situation, wouldn’t just help the Seahawks take the NFC West crown, but it’d also give Carroll a chance to rectify the most infamous moment in the franchise’s history.

Then, miscommunication doomed them as the Seahawks tried to substitute Lynch on the field when he either wasn’t ready to go or no one let him know.

When Lynch got on the field, there were only 10 seconds left on the play clock. That didn’t give the Seahawks much time in the huddle and they got hit with a delay of game penalty.

No love for the Packers?
Danica loves them... Well at least one of them.

According to some of the latest news on them, she and Aaron just bought a house in Malibu for 28m.:cool: That's almost a years "base" pay for Aaron, if he paid the full bill himself.

Last edited:
And that last offensive play for Seattle was as close to braking the plane as you can get without actually breaking the plane.

Short by about 1 cm.

I don't understand why in the last two possessions, 8 plays, Seattle didn't once have Russel Wilson (one of the best running QBs in the league) even try one QB option. I'm glad the 49ers won. But Seattle's play calling those two drives puzzles me.

No love for the Packers?

I am a life-long Packers fan and will root for them all the way. That being said they are at best the third best team in the NFC. On a perfect day they might be able to beat Seattle or New Orleans but I don't think they have any chance against 49ers. My prediction is Packers lose their first playoff game this year. Hope i'm wrong and they make it to the Conference Championship but I doubt it.

Short by about 1 cm.

I don't understand why in the last two possessions, 8 plays, Seattle didn't once have Russel Wilson (one of the best running QBs in the league) even try one QB option. I'm glad the 49ers won. But Seattle's play calling those two drives puzzles me.

No time outs they had to go to the endzone. Running was too risky.

No time outs they had to go to the endzone. Running was too risky.

I see maybe the first 3 downs on the final drive. The last play, anything goes. But even on the drive before when Seattle weren't out of timeouts. I think all they did was sit back and pass.

I am just glad the Steeler season is over. It has been painful to watch, with multiple injuries weekly, and some sub par performances by professional athletes. Perhaps my sore knee and elbow are extensions of the real pain of the season.

I am a life-long Packers fan and will root for them all the way. That being said they are at best the third best team in the NFC. On a perfect day they might be able to beat Seattle or New Orleans but I don't think they have any chance against 49ers. My prediction is Packers lose their first playoff game this year. Hope i'm wrong and they make it to the Conference Championship but I doubt it.

Niners can be beat, even at home.
The Packer game is the late game on Sunday when it will be frigid so a running team like the Packers will have an advantage. I think there's a real shot the NFC Championship game is played at Lambeau.

Niners can be beat, even at home.
The Packer game is the late game on Sunday when it will be frigid so a running team like the Packers will have an advantage. I think there's a real shot the NFC Championship game is played at Lambeau.

I think you're both right. I agree with aaron that the Packers are not as formidable as the 49ers and Saints.... however, on any given Sunday anything can happen... and add in playing in frigid weather in Lambeau... then definitely anything can happen.

I think we have some entertaining football games ahead of us in the next few weeks.

Vikings or Saints, whoever wins, plays in Green Bay. Saints will be a challenge for Packers.

Vikings or Saints, whoever wins, plays in Green Bay. Saints will be a challenge for Packers.

The Saints will have a hard time in Lambeau in Jan. The Vikings less so. I've seen the 12th man (weather) win a lot of games for the Packers over the decades. Winter is coming!

The Saints will have a hard time in Lambeau in Jan. The Vikings less so. I've seen the 12th man (weather) win a lot of games for the Packers over the decades. Winter is coming!
I like your attitude.

Just 6-5 in recent history (since 2000). Undefeated before that. For whatever history tells you.

Back
Top Bottom