NFL: 2020 Season

NFL Pre-Season Power Rankings

For what it's worth, here are the NFL's pre-season Power Rankings (a couple of weeks old):

1. KC
  2. SF
  3. BAL
  4. NO
  5. TEN
  6. BUF
  7. DAL
  8. GB
  9. SEA
  10. IND
  11. MIN
  12. PIT
  13. TB
  14. PHI
  15. NE
  16. HOU
  17. LAR
  18. ATL
  19. CLE
  20. LV
  21. DEN
  22. LAC
  23. ARI
  24. CHI
  25. NYJ
  26. MIA
  27. CIN
  28. NYG
  29. CAR
  30. DET
  31. WAS
  32. JAX
First game of the season is this Thursday, Sep 10, 5:20 pm PDT: HOU vs. KC

Go Hawks!

Hope they get a full season in but like coach always says, take it one week at a time. I’ll definitely be watching Thursday night.

Wow Buffalo at #6. Seems like a long time since the Bills have been a power.

Here is the pro football network ranking as of today (at https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-power-rankings-week-1/)

1) Kansas City Chiefs
2) Baltimore Ravens
3) New Orleans Saints
4) San Francisco 49ers
5) Dallas Cowboys
6) Pittsburgh Steelers
7) Seattle Seahawks
8) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
9) Philadelphia Eagles
10) Tennessee Titans
11) Indianapolis Colts
12) Buffalo Bills
13) Los Angeles Rams
14) Minnesota Vikings
15) Green Bay Packers
16) New England Patriots
17) Los Angeles Chargers
18) Detroit Lions
19) Denver Broncos
20) Houston Texans
21) Atlanta Falcons
22) Cleveland Browns
23) Arizona Cardinals
24) Las Vegas Raiders
25) Cincinnati Bengals
26) Chicago Bears
27) New York Giants
28) Washington Football Team
29) New York Jets
30) Miami Dolphins
31) Carolina Panthers
32) Jacksonville Jaguars

They do not have the Bills as high, but still gives them a shot at the playoffs.

They see the Patriots as an "average" team this year. While I did not really follow the training camp news much, it seems Cam Newton and Bill Belichick are off to a good relationship, which could mean good things for them (not that I am Patriots fan, just being realistic).

This will turn out to be a disappointing season for 31 teams. Maybe 32 if there is no SuperBowl.

I don't think there's going to be a full season but I hope I'm wrong. It doesn't seem like it's time but the calendar says otherwise.

I may watch the first few games next week, but similar to the rules on this forum, if they inject politics into the game, I'll be done with with them.

I only watch Chicago Bears regular season games and some playoff games. But if I see or hear one political statement, the NFL will be banned from my tv.

Professional sports are a godsend to many. A distraction from the ordinary for the common woman/man.

Then you have heroes and gladiators paid outrageous sums of money, mostly for very short careers. Who can deny rewarding owners who promote virtue and private jet to FL for sweet release!

But I'm caught up each week just like previous generations of family. The range of emotions one feels in any given game is something else.

Could care less about the NBA, NHL, MLB, but I just might have to make time to watch a little NFL.

I only watch Chicago Bears regular season games and some playoff games. But if I see or hear one political statement, the NFL will be banned from my tv.

I use to be of the same opinion... and tuned out the NFL for a while after the kneeling controversy. Since then I've changed my attitude.

I enjoy football... I find it very entertaining and view all the athletes as "entertainers"... just like movie or TV stars. I'm not going to stop watching movies or TV because of the opinions in Hollywood. I don't care what these "entertainers" opinions or political views are... I just tune it out.

I usually record the games so that I can skip through all the commercials or any pre game or half time commentary.

NFL players are incredible athletes and for me very entertaining to watch. I have a favorite team from the city I grew up in... but as I have gotten older I just don't care that much if they win or lose. I prefer to see an exciting game win or lose to be "entertained".

IMO... I will be very surprised if there isn't some kind of social/political statement presented at the games. But I'll be watching the games... skipping commentary and commercials... only watching game play... having fun... and being "entertained"

Can we please forgo the political commentary?

An interesting subplot for this season is how success continues or fails for messrs. Belichick and Brady.

Has 'political commentary' been deleted? I have seen none in this thread. Certainly, comments that folks are opposed to political commentary in their entertainment does not constitute political commentary.

Has 'political commentary' been deleted? I have seen none in this thread. Certainly, comments that folks are opposed to political commentary in their entertainment does not constitute political commentary.

To be clear:

If there was political commentary you wouldn't see it, because it would have been deleted.

And yes, the discussion of social politics is political discussion. Such will be deleted and if it persists, the thread will be closed.

I do hope that spells it out clearly enough.

I know expectations are high for teams, like the Bills. But it feels like a season of recalibration and downright uncertainty for most teams and their fanbase. And the potential for a team to fall out because of The C-word is a high risk.

The NBA and NHL 'bubbles' have worked out very well for them. Of course the NFL noticed. I wonder if there are any bubble aspects they will borrow from the other sports?

The text below in blue was extracted from this Houston Chronicle posted 2 days ago....

Watson has reached another coveted milestone by achieving generational wealth through his blockbuster NFL contract agreed to a four-year, $156 million extension that averages $39 million annually and includes a $27 million signing bonus.

There are provisions for extra games, playoffs, etc where he could make even more. But if you simply divide the number of regular games in 4 years by 156m it's nuts. Comes out to almost 2.5m per regular season game or over 600k for each quarter of play or ~40k per minute. (not counting practice sessions, travel, etc).

Nobody is worth that....Not even close.... Now maybe if you could cure cancer then maybe... But to throw a stupid football.... NUTS!

Last edited:
Texans vs. Chiefs is turning out to be a nice show of offense. Both quarterbacks are at the top of the heap for sure.

Last edited:
I’m liking what I see so far. Should be a good game. Especially for first game with no preseason.

I’m liking what I see so far. Should be a good game. Especially for a first game with no preseason.

It was a good game. The play was much better than expected given there was no preseason. I am biased since the rookie KC RB is on my fantasy team, and he played like a veteran. :)

There might not even be a need for a preseason games for players if the remaining week 1 games show that the teams are ready. Of course, the owner want that preseason money, so... it will be interesting.

It was a good game. The play was much better than expected given there was no preseason. I am biased since the rookie KC RB is on my fantasy team, and he played like a veteran. :)

There might not even be a need for a preseason games for players if the remaining week 1 games show that the teams are ready. Of course, the owner want that preseason money, so... it will be interesting.
That guy is good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom