NFL: 2020 Season

They will be haunted by the ghost of DeAndre Hopkins for years. O'Brien ruined this team. Plus, the Colts are their Kryptonite anyway.

I could never understand that decision to trade him off....one of the top receivers in the league.

I could never understand that decision to trade him off....one of the top receivers in the league.

Same. You had Hopkins, you had Watson.... I'm not going to say that's Montana to Rice, but it's pretty nearly the next best thing. With that and the trade for Tunsil (who has played well but not well enough for what they gave up), O'Brien destroyed this team. Which is a shame -- Watson and Watt deserve a lot better, and they deserve a real chance at a Super Bowl ring.... which probably won't happen in Houston.

Ok so the Dolphin's win tonight has to be about the most incredible comeback this year. Or perhaps the greatest collapse on a single play by the Raiders. Ryan Fitzpatrick made the most ridiculous throw of the year.

Ok so the Dolphin's win tonight has to be about the most incredible comeback this year. Or perhaps the greatest collapse on a single play by the Raiders. Ryan Fitzpatrick made the most ridiculous throw of the year.

Which throw are you talking about?

Which throw are you talking about?

The one that won the game when he was wearing his helmet backwards because of the brutal facemask. It was actually the 15 yard penalty tacked onto the 34 yard sideline pass reception that sealed it.

[QUOTE Mahomes may very well have lost the lead in the MVP race to Rodgers after this week. He will forget about that soon enough when he wins the SB though.[/QUOTE]

KC will have to hope that a couple of weeks rest will get things back on track. I saw that Rodgers is Vegas favorite for MVP after week 16. Deservedly so based on the last few weeks.

They will be haunted by the ghost of DeAndre Hopkins for years. O'Brien ruined this team. Plus, the Colts are their Kryptonite anyway.

It's amazing how one person can wreck a team's future like that. Josh McDaniels did that to Denver, then ran back to the Patriots.

O'Brien destroyed this team. Which is a shame -- Watson and Watt deserve a lot better, and they deserve a real chance at a Super Bowl ring.... which probably won't happen in Houston.
The only way anyone playing for Houston will ever be in a Superbowl is if they buy tickets.

[start rant] It was clear before and even clearer after the Bills demolished the Partiots last night that Cam is not the guy... perhaps a nice guy and reportedly a good leader in the clubhouse but he just doesn't have the skill needed.... especially with his TD/INT ratio in 2020.

The Pats are in a pickle... 15th in the draft as I recall so no QB there unless they trade up... and while they have a lot of cap space I don't see much attractive at the QB position available in free agency... most are relics or unknowns other than Dak Prescott and I supect that Dallas will sign him. I actually think Stidman has a lot of potential and he looked pretty good to me in garbage time last night.

But to repeat... Cam isn't the guy. Moments of brilliance but too inconsistent [end rant]

Top available NFL free agent quarterbacks in 2021
1) Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys
2) Philip Rivers, Indianapolis Colts
3) Mitchell Trubisky, Chicago Bears
4) Jameis Winston, New Orleans Saints
5) Cam Newton, New England Patriots
6) Ryan Fitzpatrick, Miami Dolphins
7) Jacoby Brissett, Indianapolis Colts
8) Tyrod Taylor, Los Angeles Chargers
9) Andy Dalton, Dallas Cowboys

Nobody very interesting in the list to me other than Dak or perhaps Jacoby Brisset.

I'm going with KC Chiefs vs Green Bay Packers in the Super Bowl.
That would seem to be the most likely match up at this point but I'd really like to see TB make it all the way. Unlikely, but possible.....

I agree it is unlikely that TB will make it to the SB though it would be exciting and would be the first time ever that a NFL team has played the SuperBowl in their home field.

I agree on KC, but think the NFC team could be GB or NO.... they are both very good.

Have to think that GB has a good shot especially if they can secure the No. 1 seed and teams have to come through Lambeau. Just have to beat Da Bears or have Seattle lose to the 49ers. Anything can happen though.

Last edited:
I'm going with KC Chiefs vs Green Bay Packers in the Super Bowl.

I'm not going to make my final prediction until I see the first round playoff matchups :). In my view certain matchups are more likely to lead to having the top seeds upset than others.

There there is the COVID-19 stuff looming over... hopefully the teams making the playoffs will be beyond strict on the protocols. We don't want to see a playoff game in similar circumstances as the Broncos were without their QBs or the Browns were without their WRs.

Henry crossing over 2000 yards for the season might have gained himself a couple votes for MVP but with Rodgers having an all time great season he is the logical choice. The other top person would be Mahomes but he sat out the last game so I don't see how he gets more votes than Rodgers.

It seems to have come to the time for Belichick and the Pats to part ways. This happens with all teams. Things get stale.

No, I don't think so. The Pats lost a lot of talent to covid holdouts this year and they need a decent QB... Cam was dreadful... still lots of potential there. Did I mention that they need a decent QB?

Was so hoping to see the 6-10 Giants make the playoffs. But the 7-9 'Team with No Name' is a decent second choice in this crazy season.

Have to think that GB has a good shot especially if they can secure the No. 1 seed and teams have to come through Lambeau. Just have to beat Da Bears or have Seattle lose to the 49ers. Anything can happen though.

Done!

So, I needed 4 points from Jalen Hurts in the second half tonight to win our fantasy Super Bowl. Hope this isn't an indication of how 2021 is going to go for me.

So, I needed 4 points from Jalen Hurts in the second half tonight to win our fantasy Super Bowl. Hope this isn't an indication of how 2021 is going to go for me.
Clearly the coach threw the game. I think it is a sign, and represents the next few years. There are so many holes in the team, and no way to plug them all at once. So the ship will continue to list for too long.

There was one one play when Sudafed was QB, and the offensive lineman stretched out both arms to block two Washington pass rushers. He was literally a turnstile at that point of the game.

My NFC virtual money is on Rodgers and Green Bay now.

It seems to have come to the time for Belichick and the Pats to part ways. This happens with all teams. Things get stale.
I’d be very surprised. One bad season after losing Brady doesn’t mean you dump a hall of fame coach who built a 20 year dynasty in NE. But I’d wonder when Belichick is thinking about retiring, that’s possible. Newton is a loser, has been since 2015-2016 SB loss. He’s the one they need to part ways with. If they bring him back for 2021-22 I’ll be shocked.

Last edited:
No, I don't think so. The Pats lost a lot of talent to covid holdouts this year and they need a decent QB... Cam was dreadful... still lots of potential there. Did I mention that they need a decent QB?
Looks to me they lost a lot of talent when they lost Brady and Gronk. Actually it looks to me like Brady "was" the Pats.... Just look what he's done for TB in one year! While I wasn't a Brady fan when he was in Boston, I'm rooting for him and TB to go all the way this year... An added bonus is Belichick and Newton were an embarrassment. Watching this drama "play out" through the season is probably the only reason I watched any football this year.

Clearly the coach threw the game.

When Chris Collinsworth admits it on national TV, it shows how obvious it was. I wish there would be some penalty against Pederson, as this was more egregious than anything the Patriots have done. But there won't be.

Go Green Bay!

When Chris Collinsworth admits it on national TV, it shows how obvious it was. I wish there would be some penalty against Pederson, as this was more egregious than anything the Patriots have done. But there won't be.

Go Green Bay!
Missed that comment but of course I keep the sound turned down whenever Chris is on the air.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom