nm

Re: Just finished closing the deal on my new Lexus Ride!..............

I just traded in my 12yo Mitsubishi Galant, on a used pre-driven ;) 2006 Chevy HHR with 13000 miles on it. I get ~22-23mpg in town, and ~29-32mpg on the highway.

This is the first 'used' car I've bought since 1976. The Mitsu' was the LAST new car I ever plan on buying. I'll let somebody else pay first year depreciation!!! :D Current list price on my HHR is $18,200....used....I paid $12,000 plus $2,000 trade-in. The Mitsu' was ready for tires, brakes, hoses, battery, and the tranny was starting to go south....it was time to trade or scrap!!! :LOL:

It makes me chuckle.....my old Mitsubishi was a Japanese car....built by Americans in Normal, Illinois.....My CHEVY HHR is an "American" car built in MEXICO, with a Toyota engine that was built in the USA!!! I went to a meeting at the local UAW convention center a few years ago, and they frowned upon my "foreign" Mitsu'.....even though built here in IL. I wonder what they would say if I drove in up there in my "American" car built south of the border:confused: ::)

My DW & I bought a new '07 Camry LE back in July. I just got back from a conference in OK City, drove the Camry since my '98 Ford truck is getting a little long in the tooth with high mileage, plus gets only about 18 mpg. The Camry was great on the trip, & it really does sip the gas, compared to the truck anyhow :LOL:. Nice, smooth, quiet & comfy ride. It's actually the DW's car, she just let me borrow it for the trip. I'd reccommend either the Camry or the Honda Accord, which we test drove as well. We went with the Camry primarily because it just seems a little bit bigger on the inside, & I'm a fairly large guy who needs his space! Our Camry is the 4 cyl model, with a decent accessories package inc aluminum wheels, & we paid $21,500 for it. We traded in her 1990 Honda Accord, which we've had since it was new. Still getting her/us around at 250k miles, but it was time to go.

martyb said:
My DW & I bought a new '07 Camry LE back in July. I just got back from a conference in OK City, drove the Camry since my '98 Ford truck is getting a little long in the tooth with high mileage, plus gets only about 18 mpg. The Camry was great on the trip, & it really does sip the gas, compared to the truck anyhow :LOL:. Nice, smooth, quiet & comfy ride. It's actually the DW's car, she just let me borrow it for the trip. I'd reccommend either the Camry or the Honda Accord, which we test drove as well. We went with the Camry primarily because it just seems a little bit bigger on the inside, & I'm a fairly large guy who needs his space! Our Camry is the 4 cyl model, with a decent accessories package inc aluminum wheels, & we paid $21,500 for it. We traded in her 1990 Honda Accord, which we've had since it was new. Still getting her/us around at 250k miles, but it was time to go.

Good info. I looked at some Camrys this lazy Sunday afternoon. They are sharp looking. Does the 4 cyl have plenty of power? I plan to travel some next year and I want a good ride along with decent gas mileage.

DOG52 said:
Good info. I looked at some Camrys this lazy Sunday afternoon. They are sharp looking. Does the 4 cyl have plenty of power? I plan to travel some next year and I want a good ride along with decent gas mileage.

The 4's have plenty of power! - Take the better gas mileage!

Cut-Throat said:
The 4's have plenty of power! - Take the better gas mileage!

I probably will. When gas prices are pushing $3/gl again, I will be glad I did. :)

Goonie said:
I just traded in my 12yo Mitsubishi Galant, on a used pre-driven Wink 2006 Chevy HHR with 13000 miles on it.

How do you like the HHR? I find it an intriguing looking car, but I wonder how well it is put together.

DOG52 said:

Well, if it's any indication, my buddy that has a Chevy Impala asked if my Accord had a V-6 in it after we whipped onto the Interstate last week. When I told him it was a 4-cyl, he spit out his coffee.......... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom