No house, no job, no wife

Go for it! From you responses, you obviously don't want another house right now, and a nice RV is a hell of a lot more comfortable than a tent or a pop-up if you are going to use it as a semi-permanent home for a while.
Plus, you'll need to have somewhere to entertain all those gold-diggers you've been warned about. :whistle:

Enjoy your newfound freedom.

UncleMick will let you know about the curmudgeon certification process.

Travel light at first

Personally, in the same circumstance, I would buy a modest-size motorcycle or maxi-scooter; buy a camping hammock, like a Hennessey; and plan to stay out in modest-end motels and/or camp. Buy your food, don't bother to cook. See much of the country.

If you've got the same wanderlust after 6 months to a year, after experiencing weather changes on the road, THEN buy the RV.:cool:

Friend of mine has been married over 50 years and the marriage is more-or-less for the kids/grandkids/great grandkids. Also wants to live the life traveling in the RV like you as each goes their own way now. I think this is a dream you share with many people out there.
Personally, I don't think you are egotistical or stupid. I say go for it! Enjoy a great adventure while you have the will and the health!
And it sounds as if the marriage is pretty dead to me. Moving on....

I just see the title of this thread. First thing that pops into my mind.

Country music hit.

Ok carry on sorry!

There needs to be a smiley with a big smile and a little tear down the cheek. This unemotional "tough guy" loves y'all.

BTW, as far as gold diggers---if we meet, I guarantee that I'll get what I want and they'll get what they deserve. Women with a desire for an honest relationship will be met with cautious optimism.

As a divorcee, I would recommend that a newly divorced man or woman should not seek another partner right away, even though you may feel you need to - - at least, in my case it really helped to take a couple of years to get to know myself, by myself, first. And no, you will not end up a lonely curmudgeon. There are plenty of potential partners out there to connect with later on when you are ready for that. This is a good time to discover you, and what you want in life.

I agree with W2R: wait a year to even think about dating seriously. You want to get to know yourself as a single person who is NOT in a relationship. So many people jump into a new marriage or relationship immediately after divorce, being afraid they will end up "alone."

Frankly, we all end up alone. Growing old with the one you love is probably a blessing but from my personal experience, having witnessed the death of both parents and both in-laws, people very rarely die with their spouse at their bedside.

So, as one single person to another, enjoy getting to know who you are at this stage of life and find peace with yourself. You will never get another chance.

... because it's the first time I've been screwed for quite a while.

Good one!

I second the small used RV suggestion. Have you heard of Lazy Daze? Argueably the best Class C motorhome around. Before this financial mess, used Lazy Dazes cost at least 50% more than a comparable some-other-brand units. Thanks to the downturn, they can now be had for about the same price.

If this is your first exposure to motorhomes, try a 23 footer. Big enough for one person, small enough to drive and park almost everywhere.

Sam

"Am I insensitive in not mourning this marriage which should have been put out of it's misery years ago?"

Nah. Your supposed to feel good once a millstone is removed from your neck.
As the others have suggested. Don't go buck wild with your new found freedom but definitely savor it.

Back
Top Bottom