NY Times New Puzzle - Connections

Not too challenging, but not cut-and-dried either.

Connections
Puzzle #170
🟦🟦🟦🟦
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺ
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩

But I didn't understand the final grouping....

That one was last for me too, so I didn't really have to figure it out. It was the 4th group by default. Just select and submit.

Now that I look at it, it's one of those where the 4 choices fit into a phrase. In this case a two word phrase. I don't want to give a spoiler, but something like:

Tomato soup
Tomato plant
Tomato ketchup
Tomato sandwich

That one was last for me too, so I didn't really have to figure it out. It was the 4th group by default. Just select and submit.

Yup, I understand that. I was just " 'fessing up" to the group that, although my score was perfect, I was not able to infer the intent of the final grouping before hitting submit.

Yup, I understand that. I was just " 'fessing up" to the group that, although my score was perfect, I was not able to infer the intent of the final grouping before hitting submit.
While I get it in 4 most days, there are quite a few days where I don't get the connection between the last 4 until after the reveal. It's just that I am certain I have the first three sets of 4, so I can go for it.

Same as me! Looks like I'm in good company.

I would only be worried if, after solving the puzzle and seeing the connection to the final 4 words, I still didn’t ge it.

This was hard! I really had to think about the groupings (which is the whole point of the puzzle...to make you think...I think :) )

It could have gone several other ways easily!

Connections
Puzzle #171
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺ

Back
Top Bottom