Opinion of this article?

I admit, I gave up reading the article, it was not written well. I have ADD so it doesn't help.

That being said, I think the article needs a little tightening up. I'm not getting a good flow from point A to point B to point C to conclusion, it feels like it jumps around a bit. It also may suffer a little from the "using 5 words when you could use 2" issue. These are common issues with young writers. I think she's got some serious potential, but needs to hone her craft.

Agree on all.

That's not really a generational thing. Bad writing - much worse than this - gets published every day.

I didn't see a very persuasive argument in favor of any particular point. More of an overall lament about the way so many people don't "get" how to manage their money, how to set priorities or how to determine value.

I also struggle with how to express these concepts. If I could say it any better, I'd write a book and go on tour to teach it to others, especially young people who would benefit from a lifetime of making good decisions.

I give her points for trying. Too bad it's unlikely to change anyone's behavior.

Poorly written article that rambled but I thought she made several accurate points.

My first FIL bought lottery tickets for everyone at Christmas. He retired as an executive at a technology company. No his name is not Nemo! He always paid cash for everything except his modest house.

I have never bought a lottery ticket but I believe it is a cheap way to buy hope for a little while.

I think the people that buy an image based on the payment stream are destined to be poor unless they get lucky (no not that way Nemo, well maybe).

I thought the article was light weight and overly simplistic.

That being said, I think the article needs a little tightening up. I'm not getting a good flow from point A to point B to point C to conclusion, it feels like it jumps around a bit. It also may suffer a little from the "using 5 words when you could use 2" issue. :

Isn't that what editors used to do at magazines? I suppose blogs don't have editors.

Back
Top Bottom