Oreck Vacuum Cleaners

Getting a Hoover bagless cannister vac.
I've read that manufacturers & repair guys love the bagless models because people don't clean their filters and the motors eventually burn out on lack of suction. I can tell from across the house just by the change in motor pitch when our vacuum's filter has reached its limit.

I used to rinse out our bagless vacuum's HEPA filter after each use (a bucket of mud) but I've found it's much easier to clean it with our shopvac (which has its own HEPA filter). So whatever I'm saving in $2 bags I'm devoting to the labor of vacuuming a vacuum.

Life's going to be a lot less complicated around here when the bunny goes to his great reward, our kid leaves the nest, and I cut off my ponytail.

Life's going to be a lot less complicated around here when the bunny goes to his great reward

QUIT that! :rant:

I took apart our 4 year old hoover self propelled windtunnel last month. No dirt clogs, hepa filter seemed pretty clean even though I've never washed it. I do put the main filter "tube" under hot running water every 3-4 months even though they explicitly say not to (might as well wave a red flag in front of a bull)...still holding together.

I did buy a bag model of the same thing recently though. I found a cheap source for the bags and bought a ton of them.

In that other topic by a guy who was buying his SO a vacuum, we discussed a lot of vacuum issues. My comment was that after emptying the dirt cup the first time I wished I had gone with the bags.

My new vacuum is a canister with a powered head and it has very easy to change bags.

Back
Top Bottom