Paranormal stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moparguy392

Recycles dryer sheets
Have any of you had a personal paranormal event you would care to share?

The only spooky experience I’ve had is jumping back from a venomous snake before I even consciously saw it. Took me several seconds to figure out why I jumped. The old lizard brain in action.

I did have some weird experiences with lucid dreaming but that was way long ago.

Nothing paranormal.

Not necessarily paranormal, but definitely odd. My buddies and I saw a very strange Unexplained Aerial Phenomena once when we were camping in the George Washington National Forest. It was hovering, then darting all over the sky for hours. We made a ton of guesses as to what it could be, but couldn't come up with anything physically possible for what we were seeing. And we were only mildly intoxicated, no acid or anything like that. I still don't have any explanation for what we saw.

I don't disbelieve in the paranormal. I think I've got a pretty open mid about it. I ain't 'fraid of no ghost!

I was heading home alone at night on a major road in my VW bus when a 2' diameter ball of light came out of the woods from the right and crossed in front of me. The bus was moved a bit into the left lane then the light was gone. I never figured out what it might have been. Ball lightning:confused: Even though it was in the 70s I am pretty sure I was stone sober. But then you never know.

Cheers!

Sounds like there's some alien activity going on.

Our house from when I was 4 yrs. old was built in 1872. It is a white big house, with rounded walls, a secret passage from the kitchen to upstairs for help in the olden days. It has a wrap around porch with a swing. The basement was creepy and I hated going down there, but the W/D was there. There were many unusual unexplained sounds and murky motions. I guess those experiences were normal rather than paranormal. The house is in the historical registry although my mom made a few changes to the kitchen. We sold the house when my mom passed in 2014 and it's a student residence now. It is falling apart and that breaks my heart.

OK. Get ready for this. Many years ago, just after completing graduate school, I was riding the local bus in my city. It was the morning rush and I was on my way to work. As the crowded bus crossed a bridge over a river in the city, I suddenly got extremely agitated (cold sweat, extremely alarmed) with a feeling of someone in danger of dying.

It took all of my powers of concentration to stop from yelling to the bus driver, "Stop! There is someone struggling in the river!" It seemed crazy to me, so I held my tongue, not wanting to be seen as someone having a psychotic episode. After the bus crossed the river the feeling passed and so I became calmer and went to my job as usual. However, I was shadowed all day by a dark foreboding.

Later that evening, watching the local news, to my shock (and utter dismay), I saw the top story: a body was found not far upstream in that very river during the day. There was some speculation about suicide.

Over the years my thoughts return to this event--was it a coincidence or did something truly paranormal happen that moment on the bus? I regret not calling out to the driver; but realize that little likely would have come of the lunatic ravings of a young guy in a business suit.

-BB

Last edited:
Over the years my thoughts return to this event--was it a coincidence or did something truly paranormal happen that moment on the bus? I regret not calling out to the driver; but realize that little likely would have come of the lunatic ravings of a young guy in a business suit.

-BB

Have you considered what will you do if you have another experience like this in the future?

That's a tough one.

Not me but a good friend told me at his brother's funeral (who was also a good friend of mine) that shortly after his brother passed he got a text saying "I'm here and all's good." His brother's phone had been turned off since his passing. Spooky.

I have enough trouble dealing with normal events, so forget paranormal. :LOL:

I believe some of the allegedly paranormal experiences (premonitions and the like) are simply due to the fact that our memories are not a continuous stream of events, but rather episodes (flashes) that we put together later when we remember them.

Frequently we put them back together in a different order than they actually occurred. This is well documented, and can be a real problem with eyewitness testimony in a courtroom.

I've always had an interest in the topic of paranormal experiences.

Had one the other day of the ESP variety or pure luck. You decide.

I haven't been following the Cubs much at all since their trades a couple years back. Saw on the news the other day that the Tigers are playing the Cubs and will be first time they face ex-Cub Javier Baez (who no plays for the Tigers).

So, I think to my self, I'll listen to the radio to hear an at bat (The game had already started about an hour ago). Before I turn on the radio, I think to myself, "Watch, he'll be the very batter when I turn on the radio."

Wouldn't you know, as soon I turned on the radio, the announcer goes "Here's Javier Baez stepping up to the plate ..." :LOL:

Totally random chance or something more? Just odd. What are the chances?

OK. Get ready for this. Many years ago, just after completing graduate school, I was riding the local bus in my city. It was the morning rush and I was on my way to work. As the crowded bus crossed a bridge over a river in the city, I suddenly got extremely agitated (cold sweat, extremely alarmed) with a feeling of someone in danger of dying.

It took all of my powers of concentration to stop from yelling to the bus driver, "Stop! There is someone struggling in the river!" It seemed crazy to me, so I held my tongue, not wanting to be seen as someone having a psychotic episode. After the bus crossed the river the feeling passed and so I became calmer and went to my job as usual. However, I was shadowed all day by a dark foreboding.

Later that evening, watching the local news, to my shock (and utter dismay), I saw the top story: a body was found not far upstream in that very river during the day. There was some speculation about suicide.

-BB

I do think these fall in the line of co-incidence. What people (it's just human nature) fail to consider is - if we have a feeling like that, and nothing comes of it, we forget about it

-ERD50

Not here. Maybe because I'm just not a believer in such things, as I understand the definition of paranormal.

I keep trying to get the dice to roll, ball to fall or card to turn like I want them to with my mind, but so far :nonono:.

Last edited:

Not difficult to calculate. How long is a batter at the plate, on average ( baseball is a slow game, batter steps out, pitcher covers a runner, etc), maybe 3 minutes (just a guess)? Actually, it doesn't make any difference, it's an easier calculation than that:

Nine batters in the line-up, so he spends 1/9th of his teams time at bat, then the other team is at bat, so that means the chance of him batting at any random time during the game is 1/18. Factor in commercials, or other breaks, and it's less. 1 in 30 maybe? But nothing astronomical at all.

-ERD50

Good point. Yes, I have. Now with a mobile phone I would call the police and rant in a less public manner.

-BB

Yes, and they may or may not investigate it. And if they do investigate and something awful had happened, you might become a suspect.

I really don't see any way to act on something like what happened to you.

Not me but a good friend told me at his brother's funeral (who was also a good friend of mine) that shortly after his brother passed he got a text saying "I'm here and all's good." His brother's phone had been turned off since his passing. Spooky.

I've had texts get hung up in the system, delivered maybe a day later (how long was "shortly after"?). Or, in his grief, your friend just got confused. If your friend had his phone off, or was out of service, he may have only got the earlier text when he turned it back on, or got into service.

Many possible rational explanations.

-ERD50

So, I think to my self, I'll listen to the radio to hear an at bat (The game had already started about an hour ago). Before I turn on the radio, I think to myself, "Watch, he'll be the very batter when I turn on the radio."

Wouldn't you know, as soon I turned on the radio, the announcer goes "Here's Javier Baez stepping up to the plate ..." :LOL:

Totally random chance. Definitely not a paranormal event.

Later that evening, watching the local news, to my shock (and utter dismay), I saw the top story: a body was found not far upstream in that very river during the day. There was some speculation about suicide. ....

-BB

So if it was found upstream from the bridge, it didn't enter the water near the bridge, it happened even further upstream, drifted downstream closer (but still upstream) from the bridge.

Yes, and they may or may not investigate it. And if they do investigate and something awful had happened, you might become a suspect.

I really don't see any way to act on something like what happened to you.

Right, it's so non-specific, I honestly don't know what anyone in an official position could do. For all I know, they get dozens of calls from crack-pots (and I'm *not* referring to you as a crack-pot!) and they can't chase down every one, and can't tell the difference between someone with a serious concern.

I'm more concerned with those real-life events where you can see the "train coming down the tracks", but just aren't in a position to do anything about it, You can see the future, and it happens just as you pictured. Kinda like that thread about a friend getting involved in Amway! :)

-ERD50

Right, it's so non-specific, I honestly don't know what anyone in an official position could do. For all I know, they get dozens of calls from crack-pots (and I'm *not* referring to you as a crack-pot!) and they can't chase down every one, and can't tell the difference between someone with a serious concern.
-ERD50

I'm still intrigued by Bryan's story because I've had these strong feelings of anxiety and (seemingly) prescience coming out of nowhere and subsequently something has happened that I (seemingly) anticipated. These sorts of events are not easily dismissed, especially if they are thoroughly and logically examined.

When my mother died of cancer in our home in 2009, my daughter who was 8 at the time, said that Grandma came into her room the next night and told her that she loved her very much and will miss her but she will always be there watching over her. She wasn't scared at all. She said Grandma was like a ball of light - that's exactly how she described it. My daughter was extremely close to her Grandma.

I never knew what to make of this. Was my daughter dreaming? It was so strange for her to say this.

Last edited:
I was driving in the mountains a few years back looking around and suddenly there was a unrendered patch of sky for a brief second.

Ok, didn't happen but I do think about what it would mean if it did and how I would react, especially if not many others observed.

Paranormal events could easily be explained if we are living in a simulation.

Two.
One easily "explained away' as some sort of dream.
The other one, I have absolutely no rational explanation, but know it positively happened.

Totally random chance. Definitely not a paranormal event.

I agree. But I wonder what's the probability?

Something I'd probably never be able to duplicate again. I probably have a better chance randomly picking a horse to win the next Kentucky Derby.

I stepped outside late one evening about a year ago in June. I saw two hooded figures walking the neighborhood. By hooded I mean black robes to the ground and wizard sleeves with a gold braided belt. It was very warm outside and this was totally out of place. I watched them for 15 minutes slowly walking along the sidewalk and out of sight. I posted the event on the local Nextdoor app. I had one respondent who said he saw them too. It was an "older couple out for a late evening stroll" Haven't seen them since. WTF? A 7 Eleven cult?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom