Paranormal stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the Church could be motivated to support these sorts of things, but would have to at least put up the pretense of being skeptical of these claims, and out-and-out rejecting the more obvious fakes.

-ERD50

The church’s view, I believe, is if the approve an apparition or miracle that is later proven to be false, they will lose credibility. The obviously support those they believe to be true.

For many of the apparitions she has given prophecies and messages to people. Many are documented and you can search for them. I’m trying not to break forum rules here.

But all that documents is people's claims.

People can claim anything they want, and many do. They may believe it is real. That doesn't make it real.

-ERD50

Not being disrespectful, but I've read a number of stories over the years about supposed apparitions of Jesus and Mary. Invariably, the pictures are of what most of us accept as how Jesus and Mary looked. And our impression of how they looked is based on paintings, which of course were the artists' conceptions of generally Caucasian features. None of the paintings were done in Jesus' time, but centuries later. Reality, though, is that people in that region, at that time, for the most part did not look like that.

I’m not an expert, but from what I understand the images seen in apparitions tend to have the features of the local population. Our Lady of Akita is one example: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Akita

The church’s view, I believe, is if the approve an apparition or miracle that is later proven to be false, they will lose credibility. The obviously support those they believe to be true.

Find another subject please. While I would never have any intention of offending anyone's religious beliefs, I'm afraid some might take offense in some direct answers to this line of query.

-ERD50

Thanks for the interesting discussion. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom