Party Like its 11-6-2018

Red Badger

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Soooo, a lot on the line tonight. We'll all wake up to another reality tomorrow (but the up late crowd here will know a little earlier).

But most important, America will have another peaceful decision about the direction of our country.

Celebrate, reflect, enjoy. America has always been great. America is great today. :dance:

Soooo, a lot on the line tonight. We'll all wake up to another reality tomorrow (but the up late crowd here will know a little earlier).

But most important, America will have another peaceful decision about the direction of our country.

Celebrate, reflect, enjoy. America has always been great. America is great today. :dance:

+1

omni

Had a similar thought as I walked into the polling place.

We take it for granted that the loser smiles, congratulates the winner, then exits - even if the loser is the incumbent. In way too many other places, the transfer of power takes place at the barrel of a gun.

Yep, the long history of peaceful political transitions is one for which we can all be thankful. As the night wears on and winners and losers are known, let's remember this and keep the discussion here free of the gloating or bitterness that leads to acrimony--and Porky.

Yep, the long history of peaceful political transitions is one for which we can all be thankful. As the night wears on and winners and losers are known, let's remember this and keep the discussion here free of the gloating or bitterness that leads to acrimony--and Porky.

100%.

As an amateur scholar of the founding of this great nation, my only point is to celebrate what we have.

Thousands died to start this nation, another ~million have died to preserve it.

Celebrate, commemorate, honor. And vote.

Last edited:
Nicely written. Thank you Mr. Badger!

In other pertinent news, I read that the markets have returned an average of 17% the year after a mid-term election since 1946. That's heartening news. Time for me to hire a financial advisor and start buying!

In all seriousity, I love living in this country, even with all it's flaws. Wouldn't live anywhere else.

I’m glad that the cycles aren’t aligned, rather 2, 4, and 6-year terms. Keeps things on an even(-er) keel while allowing for change.

A "long history of peaceful political transitions" is historically incorrect. I thought I had posted a correction to that assertion on this thread, but now I can't find it.

A "long history of peaceful political transitions" is historically incorrect. I thought I had posted a correction to that assertion on this thread, but now I can't find it.
It's not incorrect, but we apparently differ on a matter of opinion.

My opinion is that a century and a half is a long time--more than most nations on this planet have even existed under their present form of government.

Last edited:
I always party today and everyday!

I always party today and everyday!

All right!

This reminded me that, while I usually have a glass of wine with dinner every day, I forgot to have it today. Think I need to remedy this, but kick it up a notch to a gin tonic.

Sorry, technical difficulties last night. The post is there.

Thank you election gods that this one is over along with the constant barrage of campaign literature. My mailbox thanks you, my texts thank you, my front door thanks you, my TV thanks you, and we look forward to no more overt campaigning for the near future. Peace is wonderful.

Kind of funny on highway 30 west in Texas a group of farmers paint their own billboard signs year round . Gotta go see the newest ………..

Thank you election gods that this one is over along with the constant barrage of campaign literature. My mailbox thanks you, my texts thank you, my front door thanks you, my TV thanks you, and we look forward to no more overt campaigning for the near future. Peace is wonderful.

I was kinda hoping this would go on so I can test any spam filter programs I have or plan on using in the near future :popcorn:.

Democracy works the way the founders envisioned it would. Not perfect but the best thing going.

let's remember this and keep the discussion here free of the gloating or bitterness that leads to acrimony--and Porky.
understood, I sometimes forget which forum I'm on, I'll keep my opinion to myself

Last edited:
+1

Wow , the nations most known pimp won a seat in Nevada even though he died a couple weeks ago and Marijuana is now legal in Michigan . I think Sex Bots on the Horizon !

Interestingly, in spite of the feeling of living in particularly acrimonious times, the election
results were almost a perfect match with typical historical midterm results. Tomorrow there
will be massive efforts on both sides to explain how momentous it was. It wasn't by any objective observation.

Great country and great times. I appreciate so much being here, now.

"The most important election of our lifetimes..." until the next one of course. And the beat goes on.

Kind of funny on highway 30 west in Texas a group of farmers paint their own billboard signs year round . Gotta go see the newest ………..

Where on I-30? If it's close enough, I may have to take a trip. :)

I’m glad that the cycles aren’t aligned, rather 2, 4, and 6-year terms. Keeps things on an even(-er) keel while allowing for change.

I find it fascinating that the checks and balances in the Constitution were written almost 250 years ago. These guys were more than brilliant.

You know how you find a well thought out website like Amazon that has thought of how to deal with every scenario? The Constitution is almost like an AI that adjusts and 'learns' as time goes on to keep things current, relevant and in line.

Back
Top Bottom