Poll: Bucket Lists

What have you checked off your bucket list so far?

• Build your own house

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Buy a yacht

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Climb a mountain like Everest

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Dedicate time to volunteering

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • Deep sea dive

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Dine at Michelin star restaurant

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Complete Outward Bound or equivalent (miliary course)

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Go on an African safari

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Go skydiving

• Hot air balloon ride

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Learn to fly a plane/helicopter

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Learn to surf

• Live & work abroad OR start & run your dream business

Votes: 32 39.0%
  • Run a marathon OR ride a century (bike) ride

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • See the Northern lights

Votes: 26 31.7%
  • Swim with dolphins/sharks

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • Travel the world (3 or more continents)

Votes: 45 54.9%
  • Trek the Great Wall of China

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Try out an F1 car/NASCAR/dragster

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Write a novel

Votes: 5 6.1%

• Total voters

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Please check ALL that apply, and just have fun with it!

This list came from a simple Google search, so there's no "other" and whining about the choices isn't necessary for the very few who may be so inclined - a consensus list would be impossible...

Last edited:
I built my own house, but that sure wasn't on my bucket list! ;) It was on the "damn it, I guess if we want somewhere to sleep, it has to be done" list.

I checked off five although most of these and four other I forgot to check, were pretty much done before I was an adult and never made it to a bucket list. Most of the rest do not happen to appeal to me very much, or I would have done them.

Actually the only thing I can think of for my bucket list is living to 100. Now THAT would be pretty cool. :D. :wiseone:

Last edited:
I checked off a few of them although many of them I did some years ago. None of them are what I would put on a bucket list if I had one which I don't. Also, many of the things on the list are things I have absolutely zero, zero, zero interest in doing.

I checked off 6 - but they weren't on my bucket list.
Most of my bucket list items are travel or lifestyle related. See Machu Pichu, Petras, Jordan, Galapagos Islands... and spend at least a summer (or longer) living in Italy. (Husband and sons are dual citizens so visa issues are potentially easier for longer than 90 day stays.)

Only one, learn to fly an airplane. But that was in 1975. Guess I should add to the list.

I have no plans for a bucket list. IMO, nothing more than a travel marketing gimmick. Hey kids, remember when you collected bubble gum cards? Now you lucky old person, you can check off bucket items!

When I die, unless I am in bad pain, I will be sorry to leave this amazing world, and I will miss many things and even more people, but I feel very sure that I will not think, oh crap, I never saw the pyramids. Who cares?

Ha

I built my own house when I was in my 30's.

Certainly was not even thinking about a bucket list back then.

Actually, not even thinking about one now at my age. Just glad to wake up every day is a good thing.

I have no plans for a bucket list. IMO, nothing more than a travel marketing gimmick. Hey kids, remember when you collected bubble gum cards? Now you lucky old person, you can check off bucket items!

When I die, unless I am in bad pain, I will be sorry to leave this amazing world, and I will miss many things and even more people, but I feel very sure that I will not think, oh crap, I never saw the pyramids. Who cares?

Ha

+1 Hey, I feel this way about the pyramids too (although I admit that I saw them in 1954). I think that some people are just hardwired for travel eagerness, and some of us just don't get it. I know I don't.

I may have a list of things I would like to do, but I do not feel the need to prove anything any more.

Ha, you're a real ray of sunshine these days...
Yeah, well being resistant to marketing crap is a common virtue here, and it is one I share. I also share my attitude with the middle aged Texas lady who at the leaning tower of Pisa was heard to say, "well I seen the thing leaning, and that's enough for me!"

Ha

Yeah, well being resistant to marketing crap is a common virtue here, and it is one I share. I also share my attitude with the middle aged Texas lady who at the leaning tower of Pisa was heard to say, "well I seen the thing leaning, and that's enough for me!"
OK, thanks.

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine... :)

African Safari is on my list of things I'd like to do, as are 3 other expensive travel items not listed. If I don't get to do them I'm not going to feel any regrets. My bucket list really consists of one thing - "make more time for myself" - which will be accomplished when I ER.

I don't have a bucket list. Most of the things I have done on the list came because of where we worked.

The only thing that would be on a list is to see the Holy land and Egypt. The problem is, neither of these two spots are what I would consider 'stable', and I absolutely hate commercial flying. It's not the flying I hate, although the airlines no longer really try to make it an enjoyable experience, it is the hassle! It is, for me, no longer something I look forward to.

Sky Diving: Only bird S&*t and idiots fall from the sky!

I did do the swim with sharks in Bora Bora years ago not on my bucket list but on my late husbands.Once was enough !

I don't know if I have a bucket list, as such. There are a near-infinite number of things I would like to pursue, but I do not need to do any of them to be happy. Mostly, I want to remain physically and mentally active, feel secure, and enjoy the flexibility that comes with freedom (e.g., not have to worry about or go to work). These more basic needs can be met in many ways.

Okay, now I am depressed. I have not done any of them. I do not have a bucket list either, but I might think about starting one. Putting down goals, helps you to achieve them. Maybe, if I had an actual bucket list, I would get going. I think that I keep falling into the OMY for traveling. Maybe I will go to (fill in the blank) next year or the year after. Most of the things on my bucket list would be travel related also. I agree that if I don't get to certain places, I have still had a very good life!

Okay, now I am depressed. I have not done any of them. I do not have a bucket list either, but I might think about starting one. Putting down goals, helps you to achieve them. Maybe, if I had an actual bucket list, I would get going. I think that I keep falling into the OMY for traveling. Maybe I will go to (fill in the blank) next year or the year after. Most of the things on my bucket list would be travel related also. I agree that if I don't get to certain places, I have still had a very good life!
I am sure you're kidding, but it's just a list of the most common list items, your bucket list is just different. We've all had memorable experiences...so have you.

I also share my attitude with the middle aged Texas lady who at the leaning tower of Pisa was heard to say, "well I seen the thing leaning, and that's enough for me!"

Ha

I was in western Kansas last week....in a 50 MPH wind, everything is leaning. I guess that trip could be a candidate for my bucket list..St. Francis, KS or bust..

I took poetic license with the poll - a land yacht is an RV right? Check - done!
Climbing Everest is the same thing as hiking a really big part of the Pacific Coast Trail? Yes! Want to do!
Above all, I have always wanted to write a good novel that sells (or gets lots of free downloads, don't really care about the $). I haven't written one since in my teens. I really don't want to go without having done that.
Don't find travel bucket list goals that interesting - seems pretty lame and easy to just pay for a ticket, get on a plane and go somewhere. I have always wanted to do a Mississippi River riverboat cruise though. :blush: And spend about 6 months touring the southeast and all the plantations etc. Since I live in Northern Lights world, that would be wonderful to me.

I am sure you're kidding, but it's just a list of the most common list items, your bucket list is just different. We've all had memorable experiences...so have you.

Yes, I was just kidding. I have had some memorable experiences and I know that I will have more providing that I keep living. However, life does end, and I need to start planning more adventures! Thanks for the kind reply.

Back
Top Bottom