Poll on ALL social media

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneMarcilV

Recycles dryer sheets
Just a poll on who thinks ALL social media should be banned and/or shut down.

Me first. I believe yes. Any of these social media companies cause peeps to do weird things. Specially tick tock cause these weird challenges.

If other countries can ban this cancer why cans the USA?

When I was younger and in school there was no internet therefor no social media. We were fine and better off.

Look at this Facebook thing. Renaming itself because the owners know what was happening bad to peeps on there.

Last edited:
Would that include this forum :confused:

This forum no because peeps here write about topics related to subjects like computers, satellite, audio visual subjects.

Not coming up with ways to dare peeps to cause problems for others.

Silly question. Forums like this one are considered social media. If you ask me whether we should get rid of Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter etc... then hell yes!

Silly question. Forums like this one are considered social media. If you ask me whether we should get rid of Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter etc... then hell yes!

I wish you would have started this question instead of me. You are 100% right on what I meant by which of these social medias should be shut down.

I see no reason to get rid of any of them. Maybe regulate then in some way to reduce bullying and fake news.

I see no reason to get rid of any of them. Maybe regulate then in some way to reduce bullying and fake news.

I'm even more in favor of giving decent tools for the users of these platforms good filtering tools. If I really don't wish to see certain subjects, I should be able to filter them out. But that isn't how things tend to be on some platforms.

A place like here, filtering is easy. If I don't like a thread or a poster is just too much, I can easily ignore. Plus, I can easily use an ad blocker to block ads. No so easily, if able at all on a place like Facebook, for example.

But back to the original question, there are times we social media is really helpful. Around the holidays. Not everyone can travel and attend gatherings in person (especially in these odd times). So, being able to keep in touch virtually comes in handy.

Like many things, pros vs cons, I guess :popcorn:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom