• I like polls but don’t eat pizza

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • Another type of pizza

Votes: 16 7.0%
  • I like many different styles

Votes: 43 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I enjoy many different styles of pizza BUT have my no-go toppings: Pineapple, Spam, Anchovies. And not overly drippy, which DH refers to as "Jersey Juice."

We prefer Neapolitan, wood fired thin crust, which of the options does that fit in? NY isn't necessarily wood fired IME, so not the same. I thought Neapolitan was a common choice?

Growing up near NYC in the 60s has given me a great liking to that "style"pizza, thin rubbery crust, dripping with oil and tongue burning. Haven't found it anywhere else, regardless of what the establishment claims.

Second for me is a Chicago "style" pizza, deep dish with the cheese on the bottom. Ginos East style.

However, eating pizza with fork & knife is gauche.:LOL:

_B (Pizza snob)

We prefer Neapolitan, wood fired thin crust, which of the options does that fit in? NY isn't necessarily wood fired IME, so not the same. I thought Neapolitan was a common choice?

I picked pizza from another country

DW is the only person I know who insists on an anchovy pizza. OK, that's fine, but I'll never forget once when we went to a local place and the guy in the kitchen had obviously never made one before. So he completely covered the pie with anchovies, and the waiter who brought it to the table was having a really rough time stifling his laughter.

Not much of a problem, but it was the saltiest pizza I've ever had.

Thick crust and lots of toppings, with extra sauce. Otherwise a person is just eating flat bread..

Flat bread. That is exactly what my Italian relatives made in their town as youth when one made a pizza.

I opted for another type of pizza. Mi piace molto pizza di Napoli e pizza di Chuckanut.

I'll add, for me, anything Pizza that has Jalapenos added are good. If you don't like it, you probably just need more Jalapenos.

I voted, "many different styles". Actually the style of pizza that is in my hand is the kind I like the best.

Oh, except the jalapenos - - I'll give any jalapenos pizza to Car-Guy since I can't stand those nasty little peppers. :2funny: But any other pizza is my favorite kind. I love anchovy pizzas too, even though nobody else that I know would agree.

I picked NY for the poll but it's limited to one choice (what was he thinking?). Oh well, the favorite for me is from King's New York Pizza, a local chain with three stores. They also make a gluten-free pizza, which is the one I have to buy. And that only when I want to gain a few pounds, which is almost never, but it's aided by adding extra cheese and extra pepperoni to the meat lover's pizza. A pizza isn't a pizza without pepperoni on it.

AND, a pizza isn't pizza if can't fold it.:D

I like all pizzas and we order some kind of pizza whenever we travel, domestic and international.

I'd rather rank my favorites:

1. NY style
2. Tavern style
3. Detroit style
4. California style
5. Chicago deep dish

all with Jalapenos!

Where is the poll with favorite pizza toppings!?

Need a choice for my favorite - the one I make myself. Sunday nights are pizza nights in our household. Much better than chain pizza, if I do say so myself.

Edit to add: when I traveled to Naples on business, I discovered “real” pizza. If I could get it in the USA, I’d opt for that.

Last edited:
New Haven Apizza is the best. And it's where lots of NYC places learned their coal-fired pizza skills.

I have never (before this thread) heard it specifically called New Haven, but coal/oven-fired pizza has shown up at a few places in SEFla over the years. It is awesome. One place (Anthony's) will add prosciutto as a topping, and let it lightly char on top.... mmmmmmm

Same. I voted Pizza from another country.

Which is kinda funny, it’s the original pizza. Major oversight and what is tavern style? Never in all my travels have I encountered that.

I prefer thin crust, but will go for a Chicago deep dish (ie The Lou at Lou Malnati's) on occasion. We rarely eat pizza when we are outside of Chicagoland, but we are starting to find decent Chicago style pizzerias elsewhere.

I like all kinds but tend toward thin crust to reduce the carbs.

Which is kinda funny, it’s the original pizza. Major oversight and what is tavern style? Never in all my travels have I encountered that.

This link has pics of South Shore Bar Pizza which is the epitome of tavern style:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/southshorebarpizzasocialclub/

WHAT'S A BAR PIZZA?
Bar pizza is a style unique to the South Shore of Massachusetts, perfected in ``coastal`` towns such as Brockton, Randolph, and Stoughton. It has a cracker like crust, crushed tomato sauce and mostly cheddar cheese which is spread to the edge. It is baked in a 10 inch steel pan until the edges are crispy.

Last edited:
We like any pizza and have it ~ 2 or 3 times a month.

I don't make them any more (due to my having diabetes), but back in the 1980s, 1990s, and early 2000s I made pizza bagels from time to time. Anyone here like those?

Prefer a thinner crust, like wood fired if the crust does not come totally charred, which happens a lot.
My favorite is one made at home, with TJ fresh pizza crust, homemade sauce, lots of cheeses, veggies. If meat to be added--canadian bacon over pepperoni is my choice.

I don't make them any more (due to my having diabetes), but back in the 1980s, 1990s, and early 2000s I made pizza bagels from time to time. Anyone here like those?

Pizza bagels, no, but we do make french bread pizza which must be similar.

Back
Top Bottom