Poll:Would you get vaccinated?

Will you get a Covid vaccine?

• I'll be first in line!

Votes: 57 26.9%
  • Think I'll wait a few to see if there's any issues.

Votes: 141 66.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • No. I don't get any vaccines.

Votes: 4 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No shot for me...never had a flu shot and I haven't seen a doctor in 20 years (and that was for a physical for insurance). I do go to the dentist once a year.
Thank you for your service.

If they can prove this is a once-and-done event, like polio or MMR, then sure. Otherwise, no. I've had one major flu in the last 25 years, and it was the only year I got a flu shot.

There are a variety of vaccine mechanisms.
  • Live-attenuated vaccines - Measles, mumps, rubella, Rotavirus, Smallpox, Chickenpox, Yellow Fever
  • Subunit, recombinant, polysaccharide, and conjugate vaccines - Hepatitis A, Flu (shot only), Polio (shot only), Rabies
  • Toxoid vaccines - Hepatitis B, HPV, Whooping cough, Pneumococcal disease, Meningococcal disease, Shingles
One of the leading candidates (Moderna) for a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine is a different type, a
  • Nucleic acid vaccine, DNA or mRNA.
If approved if would be the first of its type, an mRNA vaccine.

https://qz.com/1854077/a-brief-overview-of-all-the-covid-19-vaccines-in-the-pipeline/

https://www.vaccines.gov/basics/types

Last edited:
Definitely, but maybe after the qntibidy test...

Nope.
My bet is that this will mutate and won't exist as COVID-19 in a couple years. Even if it's still in the world, I'll ride on the coat tails of those who do get the vaccine with herd immunity. Hey, I live WAY out in the country and have noticed zero effect of the SIP on my life. Well, I did take offense when the ski resorts shut down, but I found other things to do and it was a pretty skimpy snow season anyways. Besides, they are comping me towards a season pass next year.

I’ll have the vaccine when it becomes recommended and available for my age group. When I went for my annual flu shot last year I was offered and accepted the pneumonia vaccine as I was at the age it was offered free.

When I went to India for a couple of weeks on business shortly before retiring I took all the recommended shots and pills before going. (They don’t build chemical plants in the most hygienic areas of the country)

Probably, but I'm not going to rush to be first in line.

DW and I work in healthcare. My guess is it will be mandatory, just like the annual flu vaccine is. Not sure how I would feel at this point.

I would do a third stage trial.

Fast Track Virus Approval.

Did they not see "I am Legend":confused:
Where is Will Smith when we need him:confused:

(Seriously tho, I actually favor moving quickly on this thing including authorizing well managed Challenge Trials. The economic devastation of our current global approach warrants some marginal risk to get this thing under control.)

As with anything new, I am one to sit back and see how good it really is. This goes for new car technologies, computers, cell phones, etc. With anything new, the first version usually has bugs that need to be worked out. Our lives have not been changed very much with this virus as it is. I still get around on my horse, have my abacus, and smoke signal neighbors the next hill over...

Weighing the odds of a vaccine problem versus odds of catching the virus while waiting to take it later, I think I'll opt to get it early. I'm assuming that I'm 1st in a line that is safe distanced. :)

Yeah, I’m not an early adopter, but I’m usually in the second wave.

I will get the vaccine when available for my situation, 71 yo with underlying conditions. I always get an annual flu shot, and got the pneumonia and shingles shots as well. There have been too many problems of late arising from anti-vexers that refuse to inoculate their kids, and as for Covid, I do not want to live a sheltered life for the time I have left.

Put me in the "wait a few" camp, but will definitely end up getting one once things look good. After having the flu exactly once in my life, I've never skipped a flu shot and (knock on wood) hope to never get it again. Had both the early version and shringrix for shingles as well.

Anyway, isn't this how it plays out in the horror movies? Not quite fully tested vaccine turns everybody into flesh eating zombies? :)

So... what if there isn't A vaccine but 2-3 competitors that have been fast tracked across the marketing line (normal process is 5ish years... fast track is ~18months)?

I dabble with the annual flu shot every 3ish years... every time I get a mild case of something flu like. And no its not coincidence as the only time I get sick (knock on wood) is when I eat something I shouldn't have.

Given that they're just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks, I'll be one of the last ones in line. If the tin foil hatters are correct and there are vaccine passports or chips to track who got which shot, I'll wait even longer.

Flu vaccine is mandatory? I've never had a flu shot.

For healthcare workers.

Interesting. It is not mandatory in the UK for healthcare workers to have a flu shot.

At a recent daily press briefing the health minister was asked if an effective Covid vaccine was developed would it be mandatory for everyone to have it? His response was that no vaccine has ever been mandatory and it would be the same with a Covid vaccine, voluntary only.

https://www.nurses.co.uk/nursing/bl...-wear-label-informing-patients-medical-chief/

Public Health England (PHE) figures show 70.3% of health professionals got the flu vaccine last winter, a slight improvement from 68.7% the year before.

Interesting. It is not mandatory in the UK for healthcare workers to have a flu shot.

At a recent daily press briefing the health minister was asked if an effective Covid vaccine was developed would it be mandatory for everyone to have it? His response was that no vaccine has ever been mandatory and it would be the same with a Covid vaccine, voluntary only.

https://www.nurses.co.uk/nursing/bl...-wear-label-informing-patients-medical-chief/

I don't believe that it is a government mandate for us, but a condition of employment for the healthcare provider we work for. Other providers in the area have the same requirement, there may be healthcare providers that do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom