Is your answer to this question a No?

• No

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NW-Bound

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Inspired by a concurrent poll by Midpack that stirred up a controversy that was unanticipated by the OP (see this), I decided to make a poll, my first ever.

The question is "Is your answer to this question a No?".

PS. This is not my original question, but many might not have run across this. ;)

Last edited:
I didn't vote as there was no option for "Other" :LOL:

Inspired by a concurrent poll by Midpack that stirred up a controversy that was unanticipated by the OP (see this), I decided to make a poll, my first ever.
The question is "Is your answer to this question a No?".
PS. This is not my original question, but many might not have run across this. ;)
Lemme get this straight.

You've been a member of this board for over three years and you expect to get a simple "No" or "Yes" answer?!? (You don't have to post an answer to that.)

Should we ask if this is also your last poll ever?

I didn't vote as there was no option for "Other" :LOL:

Yes, the point I was making is that there might be trick questions that one finds impossible to provide a satisfactory answer to.

The question and choices in my "poll" were intended for the answerer to contradict himself, whichever choice he made.

If you selected "No", then it was an affirmative to my question, and should have been a "Yes".

If you selected "Yes", well, then it was not affirmative, and should have been a "No".

This kind of questions and puzzles is a favorite subject for logicians.

Last edited:
Some of the readers might have missed the intended paradox in the original question. Hence, I provided a bit of explanation in a post above.

Also, the controversy in the concurrent poll by Midpack that I referred to in the original post was regarding the word "did", as pointed out by ERD50, and not regarding the meaning of the word "is", as linked in by another poster.

Hey, I tried to be non-political here, and just stuck to discussions of linguistics and logic.

Attachments

• thumbnail[1].jpg
    thumbnail[1].jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 220
Very good. Very tasty.

From the Web, Linguine (also misspelled 'Linguini') is a form of pasta ... The name linguine means "little tongues" in Italian, where it is a plural of the feminine linguina...

So, it is of course related to linguistics, which is the study of human languages (or tongues)...

What wine would you suggest with that dish, my lady?

Hey, wait a minute... You were distracting me... :bat: Yes or No, that's all I asked...

Very good. Very tasty.
From the Web, Linguine (also misspelled 'Linguini') is a form of pasta ... The name linguine means "little tongues" in Italian, where it is a plural of the feminine linguina...
So, it is of course related to linguistics, which is the study of human languages (or tongues)...
OK, the humor-to-noise ratio just dropped way down when you started getting into GregLee territory...

The answer can only come from Noone. 'cause Noone knows.

Scary, isn't it, what people do when they sit around idle? ;)

In an authoritarian regime like North Korea, they might just track us down and send us all to labor camps to do more productive work.

This group definitely has way too much time on its hands.

OK, the humor-to-noise ratio just dropped way down when you started getting into GregLee territory...

Eh, I don't know about GregLee, but a cute little lady just PM'ed me to say I tickled her. That's all I need to know.

Last edited:
My answer is both yes and no.

You'll have to check with Schrodinger's cat for my actual answer.

I would answer but I don't speak Polish.

Linguine with white clam sauce makes me swoon, bbbam! It is my Italian restaurant go-to dish and the standard by which I judge the restaurant.

I could be mean and poke holes in this poll, but I'm just not like that. :angel:

Or, as Meat Loaf sang:

"Let me sleep on it
Baby, baby let me sleep on it
Let me sleep on it
And I'll give you an answer in the morning"

Reminded me of the old paradox. On one side of a small piece of paper write "The statement on the other side is TRUE" and on the other side write "The statement on the other side is FALSE". Hand it to someone and watch their reaction.

Back
Top Bottom