Post your (creative) cremation urn...

Spock

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Reading the cremation thread got me thinking that it might be slightly humourous to post a pic of your planned cremation urn.
I collect cast iron cookware have have done chuckwagon (actually "chucktruck") cooking at a local homeless camp that didn't have any utilities.
So this is what I'm planning to use as my urn... just a little JB Weld to hold the lid on long enough to get to the bottom of the post hole.
iu

I'm going for an aquarium box - you know cheap plastic coated cardboard box for fish, the ones that look like Chinese Food take out cartons (with the little wire handle.) It only has to make it a few miles to the pet cemetery where I plan to be dumped.

A Ziploc bag is fine with me. I want my ashes to be scattered in a favorite place and don’t want or need a permanent container. Luckily DH feels the same.

Reading the cremation thread got me thinking that it might be slightly humourous to post a pic of your planned cremation urn.
I collect cast iron cookware have have done chuckwagon (actually "chucktruck") cooking at a local homeless camp that didn't have any utilities.
So this is what I'm planning to use as my urn... just a little JB Weld to hold the lid on long enough to get to the bottom of the post hole.
iu

I like it!

I want my ashes mixed with concrete in sheet rock spackle bucket and dumped into the ocean on one of the man made fishing reefs off the coast of NJ. Any bucket will do.

I'm sure one of these will do the trick, and there are already a wide variety of them in my cellar.

Attachments

• paint cans.jpg
    paint cans.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 26
I'm sure one of these will do the trick, and there are already a wide variety of them in my cellar.

That might be a tight fit depending on body mass.
I calculated 3.8quarts based on the average urn of 220ci but it's 4.2quarts at 240ci... I suppose the could just spill a little. ;)

I was going for a container (5quarts) that whoever could just put the plastic bag the cremains would come in directly into the pot without having to open the bag and pour it. Just incase any teeth or bone bits are in there...

Love the Cast Iron... do a ton of campfire cooking. A very dear friend, both cooking and kayaking got this for part of his send off.

Attachments

• IMG_20211113_123226941.jpg
    IMG_20211113_123226941.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20211113_130908080.jpg
    IMG_20211113_130908080.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 25
I made this one out of an old R2800 cylinder for my father in law who worked on radial engines as a Navy aircraft mechanic during the Korean war.

Attachments

• urn.jpg
    urn.jpg
    563.6 KB · Views: 25
Fancy won't be required.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 12.08.00.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 12.08.00.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
Maybe one of these would be appropriate for me. I've got plenty of empties now. :)

b0a1ba2fe66928947b9b25c39695dd4d.jpg

Mine will be my cigar humidor. I managed the columbarium at our church and bought several box urns that look just like it.
I bought my mom’s for about $40 on amazon and many just like it for the church

From "Bucket List"

Edward Cole is interred with his new and only friend Carter Chambers. Carter, according to his wishes, had his ashes placed into an old, beat up Chock Full o' Nuts coffee can which is still on the mountain top - awaiting his new (and best) friend.

Back
Top Bottom