Powder Room Color Scheme

Vincenzo Corleone

Full time employment: Posting here.
Please give me your honest opinion. Would you say that the color of the vanity countertop is a bad match with the rest of the room? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Colors.jpg
    Colors.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 99
Too much of the same tile, IMO. I'd have a different tile for the floor.

Too much of the same tile, IMO. I'd have a different tile for the floor.

I appreciate your feedback. But I wasn't asking about the floor. I'm wondering what people think of matching that color vanity countertop with the rest of the room.

It’s already installed. Live with it. Once you put other things in there like the toilet, towel bars and some decorative accents like a rug, it will be fine. I’m no interior decorator but I think your only other option is white. There’s no way I’d pull that out just to put white down.

Match the lightest tone in the tile using solid color quartz. Stay away from gray tones.

Even calacatta gold marble has too much contrast.

Other option ... stainless steel.

Other option glass countertop with top sinks or undermount?

Back a couple of decades and use the same tile ��

Once I stopped wondering "why is there a vanity in the walk-in shower?"... I then agreed with Jerry1.

As to the OP’s original question, the vanity top looks fine. It pulls the light tones from the tile. Towels, rug and accents will do a lot to break up the wall and floor tile.

It's not a bad match. It is a lot of brown tile in a small space to start, so I would not have done floor/ceiling there. And the vanity is very big and very dark for the size of the room. But as colors go, they go together well enough.

But you have installed it yes? So...I'd work on accents (hardware, towels, etc.) in bright contrast. Crisp white towel, tissue box on the vanity, architectural white light switch plates, etc. Definitely no gold.

And good lighting - nothing that casts a yellow shade, go with daylight type. You don't appear to have sconces - but I like the new style of bathroom mirrors with the built in LED framing that goes around about 1" in from the edge of the mirror?

This was the bathroom before renovation. This was the original bathroom from when the building was first constructed back in the early 1970s.

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 47
Wonder what it would be like with white or lighter color cabinets in the after shot? Any Photoshop experts out there?

Last edited:
This was the bathroom before renovation. This was the original bathroom from when the building was first constructed back in the early 1970s.
Okay. huge improvement and looks like I was wrong on the amount of room next to the toilet.:)

Are you reusing the top looks like the same one. If it's new you picked for some reason...buy some colorful towels.

I think the vanity top looks fine.
I agree with others that I would use accent colors with towels and other items that are easier to change out.
I wouldn’t do white though because I generally like more color. I would spend an enormous amount of time picking out towel colors. Maybe a rich brown color.

It's beautiful, please don't worry. (Creds: my home is considered beautiful by most who visit, and I'm often asked 'who did it?' Me, for the record.)

I would go with brushed nickle/chrome for the hardware as it would be a lovely and cool offset to the warm brown tones of your stone.

I agree, it looks fine, same color family. And use bright towels, etc for the color contrast, and maybe dark bronze for faucets, towel racks. And I would also go with a white daylight for bulbs, not a yellow tint

I should have been more careful in making my first post. While looking at it, I realized that the brightness level of the photo does not accurately represent the true lighting. Here's another attempt. This is a bit more accurate.

Attachments

• Closer.jpg
    Closer.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Looks fine to me. But then, I am not that fuzzy about color schemes. It is a nice renovation and has a clean, smooth look to me.

I think it looks fine, the counter has color in it that matches to the tiles.
I personally think it's overkill on the tile. I've come to hate tile on the wall as we have that, making our bathroom brown..

Back
Top Bottom