Prescription Drugs made in China

Rianne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
If you want to listen to a shocking podcast from People's Pharmacy about Pharma and China, this is a great listen. It might frighten those taking meds, so I caution, if you don't want to know, don't listen.

Scroll down to "Was Your Medicine Made in China?" Should be most current podcast.

https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/get-the-podcast/

When I had a healthy dog I refused to feed him any food product from China. He lived a long and happy life.

My impression of Chinese food, or even drugs, has not changed. I's good enough for the billions of Chinese people, but not good enough for me.

They just don't care about quality control, human rights or pollution. I won't buy food from China and try to avoid anything made in China although sometimes with electronics there's no choice. For certain prescriptions there may not be, either.

They just don't care about quality control, human rights or pollution. I won't buy food from China and try to avoid anything made in China although sometimes with electronics there's no choice. For certain prescriptions there may not be, either.

According to podcast, most prescriptions have at least one ingredient from China.
Big Pharma will not release what meds are from China. Often, they are not what they say they are or are inferior to what they should be. Brand names even have Chinese ingredients. It's hard for FDA to monitor the labs there, as not in US, we have no jurisdiction over what they do.

My impression of Chinese food, or even drugs, has not changed. I's good enough for the billions of Chinese people, but not good enough for me.

It was only a few years ago that a Chinese baby formula company killed and injured a number of small children when they intentionally adulterer their product with a toxic substance. I understand the trial took 6 weeks after which the guilty execs in charge were shot. Alas that does not seem to deter the bad guys.

The issue is not simply medications that are made in China.

As big, or perhaps larger, is the issue of raw materials, imported from China or some other countries, used in some prescription medication that is made in North America. The package (if here is one) may indicate that it is made in North America but it does not identify foreign sourced ingredients.

Spent a lot of time in China.
The food was fresh and good. Upscale hotels were beyond outstanding. Scenery is absolutely amazing. People are wonderful.

Everything else....as we say here in the forum "it depends".

I wouldn't take any meds coming from China; biggest issue is virtually zero regulation be it pharma, construction, manufacturing or whatever.
Saw some guy advertising Lazik eye surgery "$45 both eyes"...would YOU go there?

I just finished listening to the People's Pharmacy podcast mentioned by the OP.

Blood pressure meds contaminated with a known carcinogen are scary enough.

They will sell ineffective vaccines to their own people. So, why not sell them to us?

Worse, more and more of our medicines, including things like anti-cancer drugs are coming from China or are made with ingrediants from China.

Where is the outrage?

My brother's domestic partner, a first generation Chinese woman living here for 3 years, purchases any medications and vitamins she can here and ships them back to her family in mainland China because they don't trust the medications there.

Back
Top Bottom